• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 BRACKETOLOGY THREAD !

VCU really is a shell of itself. At least partially due to injury but still. I would advise them strongly to not lose their A10T opener.

VCU's RPI is 16, and their non-conference SOS is numero uno. They gonna get in, and they'll be criminally overseeded, yet again.

But Davidson

That's a pretty strong indictment of RPI.
You'd think a team that high would have a signature win.

Agree that Wisconsin and UVA have the best shot to beat KY (Wisconsin would have beaten KY last year if not for a 3 pointer by one of the Harrison twins in the final seconds last year), but Wisconsin closes the Big 10 season at Ohio State. I think that Wisconsin may lose that game which may knock them further down the 2 line. Would be a tough region if the NCAA seeds KY in the same region as Wisky.

Davidson should get in. They lost their best player Jack Gibbs for 6 games in the middle of the season, but since he has returned, they have won 7 straight. Their own only OOC losses are at UVA and on a neutral court to UNC. They are tied for first in the A-10 (the 8th best conference according to Ken Pom). If they are not in already, would think that if Davidson beat VCU (at Davidson) on Thursday, they are in.

Also remember that last year Kiminisky totally wilted against KY. Almost like he was intimidated. They can beat Ky.

That's a pretty strong indictment of RPI.
You'd think a team that high would have a signature win.

Northern Iowa is a pretty good one. But yeah your point stands, esp since it was a home game they barely won and Wichita whacked that same team at their place.

Let's give Davidson back-to-back promotions to the ACC. They'd prolly find a way to win the regular-season title there too

Former Wake point guard Eddie Payne has SC-Upstate in the finals of the Atlantic Sun Tourney against North Florida. Sunday, 2:30 on the deuce. Unfortunately, it's a road game. Take those Spartans to the title, Snoozy.

Former Wake point guard Eddie Payne has SC-Upstate in the finals of the Atlantic Sun Tourney against North Florida. Sunday, 2:30 on the deuce. Unfortunately, it's a road game. Take those Spartans to the title, Snoozy.

I had to google Eddie Payne. Thought I might be having a senior moment forgetting a player from the 80s-90s, but thankfully he played in the early 70s before my time.

And yes, a great win for Davidson last night. They've gotta be in now.

I see Lunardi has already moved the A10 from two to three. I almost wish I worked last night, although I hate snow days. It would have been fun to watch the donk VCU fans pay up and leave as soon as they realized they were getting their asses whipped.

I had to google Eddie Payne. Thought I might be having a senior moment forgetting a player from the 80s-90s, but thankfully he played in the early 70s before my time.

And yes, a great win for Davidson last night. They've gotta be in now.

Eddie Payne (he wore #20) played a key role in a Wake upset of a UNC team in the ACC tourney in his senior year (1973). That win by a last place Wake team over UNC probably kept Dean from another national title. Only the tournament winner went to NCAA's that year - no at large tournament berths for anybody. Carolina was expected to roll the tournament title game showdown against an ineligible NCState team.

Eddie (the point guard), threw a 3/4 court pass from out of bounds under the UNC basket to Lee Foye with about 3 sec left to tie the game., which Wake won in overtime.

The UNC team was loaded with future NBA players, including Mitch Kupchak and George Karl, who was one of the early floppers. So wa the rest of the league. NC State - David Thompson, Tommy Burleson, Tim Stoddard, Monte Towe; Maryland with Tom Mcmillian (NBA, congress), Len Elmore, John Lucas.

Last edited:
My earliest college hoops memories as a young kid were watching some of those MD/State games in the mid-70s. Those 2 teams were absolutely loaded.

So Wichita State lost to Illinois State in the Semifinals of the MVC tournament. Northern Iowa came from behind to beat them in the finals. Lunardi now has UNI as a #4 and WSU as a #5.

#25 Murray State lost their tournament and they're cooked. Belmont gets in from the Ohio Valley Conference.

Coastal Carolina wins the Big South over Winthrop and gets a #16 seed.

Lunardi the Genius has Davidson in as a #8 seed after they weren't even in the tournament a week ago.

VCU is down to a #10 seed, having lost three out of four and beating only a horrible George Mason team. Assuming they beat the winner of GMU v. Fordham, they would face Richmond, who gets a double bye and needs a couple of wins to make the tournament. RU may actually need to win the A-10 tournament to make the NCAA's. Either way, VCU has work to do and it won't be easy. Davidson is also on that side of the bracket and would be a semi-final opponent for the supposed VCU/Richmond winner.

The A-10 is probably a three-bid league, and no more: Davidson, Dayton, VCU/Richmond/URI?

Furman plays Wofford tonight in Asheville for the SoCon championship.

Danny Manning's old team, Tulsa, sits on the bubble.

Last edited:
Crazy that Murray State will be in NIT after winning 25 in a row, being ranked #25 and losing their conference final on a contested 3 pointer. Their best nonconference win appears to be Illinois St though.

Rather Davidson be a #11 seed than a #8 seed. Think they could pick off a #3 seed, but not a #1 seed.

Was the OVC championship game played on Belmont's home court?

I know the game was in Nashville - where Belmont is. Seems unfair that Murray State runs the table in the conference, yet has to go to Nashville to play Belmont to win the OVC title.

Was the OVC championship game played on Belmont's home court?

I know the game was in Nashville - where Belmont is. Seems unfair that Murray State runs the table in the conference, yet has to go to Nashville to play Belmont to win the OVC title.

Not on Belmont's home court, but in Nashville. Arena was only a little more than half full, and just two hours from Murray, KY. You sound like Lefty Driesell/Gary Williams though.

It's more BS that Coastal Carolina hosts the tourney on their floor every year, though I suppose that comes with being in the Mickey Mouse Big South. One of these years my CSU Bucs will break through.

Also it's amazing how Lunardi makes such sweeping changes that aren't impacted by results. Old Dominion had been an afterthought yet now they are his second team out. Gotta love #insideinfo.

And speaking of committee wranglings, if it's close BYU is deffo getting in b/c their commish is on the committee. Anyone who has them out clearly hasn't looked this up

And speaking of committee wranglings, if it's close BYU is deffo getting in b/c their commish is on the committee. Anyone who has them out clearly hasn't looked this up

Doesn't BYU force the committee to give them Thursday/Sunday games? Fuck them if they are on the bubble. Sorry Chase.

Back