• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Finley, the qb for State is returning. I'm kind of surprised by this. I think he's more than ready for the NFL having the chance to watch him up close and in person. I know state loses some weapons, but he should have a big year upcoming. Just hopefully not against the Deacs, but with the loss of Bates he could have a career day. I just thought it was interesting that he decided to come back.

Finley, the qb for State is returning. I'm kind of surprised by this. I think he's more than ready for the NFL having the chance to watch him up close and in person. I know state loses some weapons, but he should have a big year upcoming. Just hopefully not against the Deacs, but with the loss of Bates he could have a career day. I just thought it was interesting that he decided to come back.

No unrecoverable losses for NCSU offensively if Hines and Richardson don't go pro early IMO. Would be shocked if Hines goes and equally shocked if Richardson stays so who knows. Didn't think Finley would come back but I think all of the other QB's turning pro forced his hand and is making it a smarter move for him to stay and avoid this class.

NCSU will lose Samuel's and RG Tony Adams but should have at least 8 of 11 starters back on offense. The loss of Samuel's will more than likely give more looks/snaps to Jakobi Meyers. Richardson would be a big loss but OL is probably the deepest position on the team. Defense is a different story.....

No unrecoverable losses for NCSU offensively if Hines and Richardson don't go pro early IMO. Would be shocked if Hines goes and equally shocked if Richardson stays so who knows. Didn't think Finley would come back but I think all of the other QB's turning pro forced his hand and is making it a smarter move for him to stay and avoid this class.

NCSU will lose Samuel's and RG Tony Adams but should have at least 8 of 11 starters back on offense. The loss of Samuel's will more than likely give more looks/snaps to Jakobi Meyers. Richardson would be a big loss but OL is probably the deepest position on the team. Defense is a different story.....

So.......who's offense will be better next year - Wake or State?

If Hinton can run the RPO offense that Clawson has implemented Wake will be really hard to stop next season. That said, it's going to be really hard to follow up what Wolford just did this season, his decision making at the mesh point this year was unreal. I'm not sure if Hinton has had the reps to get that timing/decision making down to execute it as well.

State relied a lot on Samuels and if Hines doesn't come back that's a ton to replace in the run game and two guys that were really depended on for a unit that had it's woes in the redzone already. Both should score a lot of points though.

Biff is on Atlanta partying hard. Eating breakfast. Then gym. Then shower. Then tailgate. Biff takes pictures of Atlanta urban decay.
9360d9fe352635a2e205747598792ab5.jpg
489afc9afe42968e0814acd017075b7b.jpg

Waiting for Trump. Met Mike Rozier last night. Iranians held a protest outside McCormick & Schmicks yesterday.

Last edited:
School is canceled in Atlanta today because it might rain and it’s going to be a state holiday in the future to celebrate Dawgs win tonight.

You hyped about Kendrick Lamar's halftime show?

Yo, Biff !

How about that security ! Or did you get non-commoner VIP service ?

Back