• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

And mighty Appalachian has struck out v. previously 1-6 UMass. No joy in Boone-ville.

App is stuck in an awful conference. I know playing FBS football means more money, but having to go to places like UMass, Texas State, North Texas, La-Monroe can't be fun for their players or fans. I wonder if they will come to regret moving up from FCS. Of course the Southern conference isn't what it used to be either. Charlotte, ECU, App, Ga State, ODU, Coastal, Liberty, etc all need to be in a conference for their fans. Yeah it wouldn't be a great conference, but at least it'd be regional and create some rivalries.

UMass wasn't a conference game.

I think they're pretty happy so far, two bowl wins and fairly easy travel to those bowls. Also no chance they host the likes of Miami, UNC and ourselves in FCS.

Also, for better or worse your desired regional conference wouldn't happen these days, not what appeals from a TV standpoint

Last edited:
UMass wasn't a conference game.

I think they're pretty happy so far, two bowl wins and fairly easy travel to those bowls. Also no chance they host the likes of Miami, UNC and ourselves in FCS.

Also, for better or worse your desired regional conference wouldn't happen these days, not what appeals from a TV standpoint

Yeah I guess, but that conference is a crazy spread out mess.

McElwain's post game press conference sounded like he's already gone / has no interest in doing this another day. Bet he and UF agree to half the buyout tomorrow and he's gone before Monday.

App is stuck in an awful conference. I know playing FBS football means more money, but having to go to places like UMass, Texas State, North Texas, La-Monroe can't be fun for their players or fans. I wonder if they will come to regret moving up from FCS. Of course the Southern conference isn't what it used to be either. Charlotte, ECU, App, Ga State, ODU, Coastal, Liberty, etc all need to be in a conference for their fans. Yeah it wouldn't be a great conference, but at least it'd be regional and create some rivalries.

Wait a second, ECU is waiting for that invite from the SEC.....!

Seems like there could be a lot of teams willing to throw big money around looking for coaches soon. UF, Tennessee, Texas A&M?, UCLA? There is going to be a lot of "my neighbor's aunt's cousin is a realtor and said that Jon Gruden, Chip Kelly, etc. was spotted looking at houses in ..."

Crazy Hail Mary by ASU to end the 1st half. The WR comes out of the end zone to catch a tipped ball right around the goal line. Interesting situation of a guy trying to keep the ball in the endzone instead of getting it in. It was called a catch on the one. Both teams went the locker room. The band was on the field. Clay Helton is the only person on the USC sideline.

This is nuts. The field judge is going to the locker room to get some players out.

The 'hole's lawyers have as many wins this year as their football team.

McElwain's post game press conference sounded like he's already gone / has no interest in doing this another day. Bet he and UF agree to half the buyout tomorrow and he's gone before Monday.

I saw that. Very strange.

Back