• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Wake would not be a 10+ point dog to Temple if we played this year. They looked horrific

They suck. New offensive coordinator is in over his head (was the Coastal Carolina OC) and brought his shit ass spread scheme with him; despite the fact that temple has been a pro-style offense and has nothing but pro-style offensive players on the roster. They can't run the ball at all out of the spread, the QB's are miserable as all hell and that's ok. But the system is such a huge problem. I expected a fall off from what Rhule had done but they return a lot of good players from the previous regime. I think if they don't get the offense fixed or change schemes, temple football will crawl back into the abyss it was when I attended.

USF is a good, potentially very good team who won't get challenged this year. They can play at 70% and score 35+ against their entire schedule.

I think I heard them say Temple was the youngest FBS team in the country. They must have lost a lot off last year's conference champion year team in addition to their coach. Seems like they did lose their bowl game last year if I remember correctly though.

UVA dominating all over that horrendous blue turf out in Idaho right now. 21-7 with1:07 to go before the half.

UVa looks pretty good.

It's pretty clear who the best and worst teams in the ACC are. 2-13, no idea

Who is the worst? Pitt? Cuse? I would have considered UVa before this.

By the way, nice Wake mention at the half under undefeated ACC teams. Gave us a 75% chance of beating App.

Pretty clearly BC IMO. Highly highly doubt they win more than 3 this year.

That said they did get a road win against a team who won @ Nebraska

Yeh, 'cuse is probably a safeish bet for 13th. More hope there though with Babers, I could seem them improving like UVa has since the start of the season

You're basing your BC ranking on their loss to us even though their win over NIU looks solid. I put Pitt and Cuse below them for now.

I think I heard them say Temple was the youngest FBS team in the country. They must have lost a lot off last year's conference champion year team in addition to their coach. Seems like they did lose their bowl game last year if I remember correctly though.

I can't imagine that is true. The QB position has 0 experience and is playing as a RS sophomore. They play at most 5 other red shirt or true soph on both sides. They returned the entire secondary , 2/5 of the offensive line, every wr that caught a pass from last year , their 1b running back. They had to replace most of their front 7 though and lost one to a top 15 NFL draft pick. It's not even the USF loss that has me pissed , it's the fact that through 4 weeks , they have been unable to run the ball at all. Could honestly be 0-4 right now and the way they played at USF. Flowers did nothing in that game and they lost by 5 scores. That is troubling.

You're basing your BC ranking on their loss to us even though their win over NIU looks solid. I put Pitt and Cuse below them for now.

Pitt isn't what Pitt typically is but they've played 2 top 10 teams already.

To me the good thing about UVa looking good is that it throws more of a wrench into Duke's easy road in the Coastal. They play UVa in two weeks and they now have a bleaker outlook on that one.

Ah, thought you were implying they were favorites in the Coastal. Can't wait to deny them a bowl game on the last game of the season.

Pitt isn't what Pitt typically is but they've played 2 top 10 teams already.

Sure. And a tough win over a traditionally good Youngstown St. But I would put BC over them by virtue of the NIU win.

Back