• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

That stretch from games 10 - 18 when he hit almost one per game was phenomenal.

When we're in Arizona, it starts at 11 p.m. on Nick at Nite, so I watch until 1 a.m. and then I go to sleep

lol, two hours of Friends a night.

Okay non-playoff fans, who are your adopted teams going to be this year? I'd like to see a NL West team against Cleveland.

1) Nationals
2) Arizona
3) Cubs
4) Houston
5) Twins/Angels
6) Rockies/Brewers
7) Dodgers
8) Boston
9) Cleveland
10) Yankees

I'm on the Dodgers bandwagon as soon as this series is over. A Dodgers / Angels matchup would be pretty awesome. I could also cheer for Houston if it comes to that.

Speaking of, Kershaw gave up the first grand slam of his career last night.

Clayton Kershaw gave up his first ever grand slam against the Phillies

After 1,917 career innings pitched, only 125 (now 126) home runs allowed in 10 seasons in the league, and a dominant reputation, Kershaw finally let up a grand slam. Before Monday, he had loaded the bases 103 total times. Nobody had ever managed to hit a home run in that situation before now.

D-backs seem like a damn fun team to watch. I'd go with them or any combination of Astros, Dodgers, or Indians. Unless the Angels make it - then my Trout boner will be activated.

Can't wait for the Sox, to back up the truck for Lovullo after they fire Farrell next year.

Seven of the 10 spots already locked up, with the Cubs and Twins pretty much locked in as well. That leaves the second WC in the NL - Rockies have three against the Marlins and three against the snoozing Dodgers, all at home. Brewers get the Reds and Cards; Cards get the Cubs and Brewers (in STL).

Twins making the playoffs is remarkable. The Twinkies went 59-103 last year; worst record in baseball. After a decent start, the Twins slumped before the trade dead-line causing the front-off to give-up on the season, and trade their closer to the Nats, and a starting pitcher to the Yankees. While Tito will likely win the manager of the year in the AL, Paul Molitor deserves consideration.

Heading into the 2017 season only the Padres and A's had a lower over/under season win total than the Twins (70.5). BTW, the D'Backs also blew way past their projected win total (78.5).

The two biggest under-achievers based upon win totals are: the Mets (89.5). Giants (87.5) and Tigers (85.5). Ausmus is already gone after the season. Terry Collins is probably gone. Up to Bochy to decide if he wants to return.

I'd be surprised if Molitor doesn't win AL MOY. The Indians roster is stacked and they were a few outs from a WS last year - Francona doesn't deserve it, streak notwithstanding.

Does JD Martinez have a legitimate case for NL MVP, despite his short tenure with Arizona?

Does JD Martinez have a legitimate case for NL MVP, despite his short tenure with Arizona?

Dude murdered the Rockies this year, and I am fully ready, given the Rockies make the WC game, that he will murder them again in devastating fashion.

Back