• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

Just started to watch the Phils replay, only to see Klentek announce that this is Mackanin's last year. Not only do I disagree with this, but the timing is highly questionable. It kind of smacks of CYA for assembling this team in the fist place.

TV networks are banking on a Yankees Wild Card win with these game times. Should be funny when they get Minnesota-Cleveland in all those prime time spots.

Some great stats arising out of the finish to the MLB season:

The two teams with the worst record this year:

Giants (64-98) and Tigers (64-98) faced each other in the 2012 WS. The Giants lost the top pick in next year's draft when Pablo Sandoval hit a walk-off dinger yesterday. Giants may be regretting the decision to re-acquire him.

The five teams with the worst record in 2012 all made the playoffs this year:

Houston Astros 55-107
Chicago Cubs 61-101
Colorado Rockies 64-98
Minnesota Twins 66-96
Cleveland Indians 68-94

(BTW, the Red Sox also went 69-93 that year).

Fair to say that a turnaround in baseball should take no more than 5 years.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just started to watch the Phils replay, only to see Klentek announce that this is Mackanin's last year. Not only do I disagree with this, but the timing is highly questionable. It kind of smacks of CYA for assembling this team in the fist place.

I don't get this either. This year was supposed to be a year of "tryouts" for various Phillies prospects. Not winning a lot of games goes with that scenario. If the players that were in the minors aren't very good, its hard for a manager to make up for lack of talent and experience in his players.

Severino gonna have a bad winter if Yanks lose this game.

Hmmm. And in baseball - a sport highly-populated by minorities - no one kneeled for the national anthem. ESPN must have rej - oh, they said nothing at all. How curious ...

Hmmm. And in baseball - a sport highly-populated by minorities - no one kneeled for the national anthem. ESPN must have rej - oh, they said nothing at all. How curious ...
Hmm... this should be a quick google

*search google images "mlb kneel"

9faa63896b0fa5201b2941a4f8a2e605.jpg

I mean, half the players in this game are foreign nationals - I'm not sure if you are joking or just confused by people of different skin tones.

Back