• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

There's only two years on his contract. He had his top scoring year last year, had one of his best assist years and over a 3/1 a/to ratio. He plays very good D as well.

Remember, the Sixers haven't been close to the luxury tax. So, they won't pay it for three years to come.

I'm guessing the Sixers won't keep both Butler and Harris. There will be a slot for Conley and give Ja a chance to grow into being a star.

Part of me, doesn't believe Butler will leave nearly $50M on the table to leave the Sixers. He is one of the rare people that this is true about. He can get $190M for 5 years in Philly but only $141M to go somewhere else. He ain't getting $49M to play at 34. He will lose most of that. We do know Jimmy is about Jimmy and his bank.

I wouldn't be mad if this is how it all shook out. I love Ja Morant and think he's gonna be a superstar.

Feel like Ja has just scratched the surface. His improvement from HS to freshman year was huge and then another massive jump between freshman and sophomore year. As long as he can stay injury free, think Ja will be special. Freak athlete with natural court awareness and apparently no pretention as he was never a coddled AAU superstar. Grizz fans have to be excited.

Brogan is going to get offered a lot of up front money in Hope's that the bucks won't match due to lux tax I think

Yes. Which is why Nurse fucked up BIGLY in the second quarter by not going at him while he was pissed after getting the T. There was a good chance to get him tossed last night and suspended for Game 6 by going at him.

Nurse deserved an F---- for last night's game. It was one of the biggest chokes ever by a coach.

The Raptors better win this or Nurse will have to deal with this for the rest of his career.

I mean Nurse wasn't perfect last night but his team has been the better looking team all series. And last night Raptors shot better on 2s, made 11 more free throws, took three more shots than the Warriors did and lost the game because of Golden State's 20-8 advantage on 3s.

Yeah it was like a 23 point swing on expected value from 3. Given the exact same shots, Toronto wins comfortably most of the time.

I mean Nurse wasn't perfect last night but his team has been the better looking team all series. And last night Raptors shot better on 2s, made 11 more free throws, took three more shots than the Warriors did and lost the game because of Golden State's 20-8 advantage on 3s.

The two biggest moves/strategies he blew. Of course, the Raptors will make more FTs and 2s than the Ws. That's how the team is put together. His team drives. The Ws take 3s. But when it came to doing what it took to win, he choked both times.

This loss was about 90% on him, and about 10% on the Ws playing tough.

Surpise, surprise, Marvin Williams opted in for his insane $15M player option.

Great management Hornets!!

To be fair, that contract was seen as a value when he signed it that crazy summer, as Ryan Anderson had just signed for like 4/$80 and Marvin's contract has at least turned out better than that. But he comes off after this year so almost done.

To be fair, that contract was seen as a value when he signed it that crazy summer, as Ryan Anderson had just signed for like 4/$80 and Marvin's contract has at least turned out better than that. But he comes off after this year so almost done.

It was NEVER a good deal. He's a scrub.

He is a career 10+ / 5+ guy who shoots 36% from 3 for his career and is a very good defender across the frontcourt. He isn't LeBron, but he also isn't a scrub. His salary for this coming year is 75th in the league and similar to but just less than those of Brandon Knight, Ryan Anderson James Johnson, JR Smith, Ian Mahimi, Dennis Schroder, and Mozgov, who are the main guys ahead of him salary-wise, and I would take him over any of those guys. Batum's contract, however, is a different story.

He is a career 10+ / 5+ guy who shoots 36% from 3 for his career and is a very good defender across the frontcourt. He isn't LeBron, but he also isn't a scrub. His salary for this coming year is 75th in the league and similar to but just less than those of Brandon Knight, Ryan Anderson James Johnson, JR Smith, Ian Mahimi, Dennis Schroder, and Mozgov, who are the main guys ahead of him salary-wise, and I would take him over any of those guys. Batum's contract, however, is a different story.

Frankly you just don't want to pay a guy $15 mil to do that into his 30s. That's league average 3 pt %. He's shooting below league average in total fg% at 15% of the team's usage rate and taking up 15% of the team's payroll. It may not have been the worst contract handed out that summer, or the worst contract on the Hornets, but it's a reason mediocre teams stay mediocre.

you would take marvin williams over shroeder? how long have you been watching basketball?

Frankly you just don't want to pay a guy $15 mil to do that into his 30s. That's league average 3 pt %. He's shooting below league average in total fg% at 15% of the team's usage rate and taking up 15% of the team's payroll. It may not have been the worst contract handed out that summer, or the worst contract on the Hornets, but it's a reason mediocre teams stay mediocre.

The 16/17 mid-level exception was $5.6M. The numbers Marvin Williams had equated to that payment. His starting salary in this contract was about 120% over that which makes it a very bad contract.

Yikes. I would take James Johnson and Dennis Schroeder in a heart beat.

Doesn't mean much for Boston or anyone else, but Kyrie opted out of his player option, $21M.

Doesn't mean much for Boston or anyone else, but Kyrie opted out of his player option, $21M.

I think it does mean that technically Boston can now officially make trade offers to New Orleans. They couldn't until Kyrie officially opted out.

Lakers and Celtics are working on a multi team AD trade with the Pelicans.

Wow that's wild

Wait - I read that that the Celtics and Lakers would be the two teams in a multi team trade, which seems highly unlikely

Last edited:
Back