• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Think Kyrie and AD go to the Nets. Klay back to the Warriors. KD to the Knicks. Butler back to Philly. Kawhi back to Toronto.

What can the Nets trade for AD? They can't get him otherwise.

Jimmy won't give up tens of millions to leave Philly. He may sign and try to force a trade after New Year's.

It's all about Masai for Kawhi to stay in Toronto. Although, I'm not sure Masai would leave for less than 5-10% of the Wizards, because they have worst/untradeable contract in the NBA.

Game winning shots are hard.

D9B4FCQXkAE3a5w.png

looks like Jordan was 9-18 and Kobe 5-17

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-buzzer-beating-shots-to-michael-jordans-best

What can the Nets trade for AD? They can't get him otherwise.

Jimmy won't give up tens of millions to leave Philly. He may sign and try to force a trade after New Year's.

It's all about Masai for Kawhi to stay in Toronto. Although, I'm not sure Masai would leave for less than 5-10% of the Wizards, because they have worst/untradeable contract in the NBA.

Yeah, probably right about this. Not a ton that would really help New Orleans immediately rebuild. Brooklyn could trade Russell on the last year of his rookie deal. They also have a pretty good set of picks from trades over the next five years, including Denver's first this year, 2019 second round draft pick from New York, 2020 second round draft pick from Denver, 2020 second round draft pick from Indiana, 2020 second round draft pick from Portland, 2021 second round draft pick from Phoenix, and a 2021 second round draft pick from Toronto. None of that matches what Boston could do.

The Nets did work clearing cap space though, so maybe it's KD and Kyrie.

Kyrie to the Nets is picking up a ton of steam now that he switched agents.

KD: Warriors
Kyrie: Nets
Kawhi: Raptors
AD: Lakers
Butler: Lakers (this one is tough but seems like a move that GM Lebron would make that would blow up in his face)
Klay: Warriors

Can the Warriors afford to max KD and Klay and keep Steph and Draymond?

I agree Kyrie and AD go to the Nets. Klay back to the Warriors. KD to the Knicks.

Butler goes to LA.

Kawhi who the fuck knows, because Kawhi.

Why would the Nets want Kyrie when they can extend Russell, who is a younger and fairly comparable player without the douchebag factor?

Never underestimate the nets front office taking the opportunity to make the wrong decision.

My whole point was that KD put the Warriors over the top. Seems like a pretty strong take given that KD was injured.

Also I had healthy Warriors over healthy Raptors in 6 before the playoffs started. That’s a solid take without an injury crystal ball.

I think that was everyone's take on KD. My whole point was that all things come to an end, and usually sooner than you'd think.

Wasn't reposting to call you out.

Agree that a full-strength Warriors squad likely wins the championship. But that didn't happen. And now they have major question marks going forward. So the NBA isn't broken... Though I still think it's not ideal that the offseason is more entertaining than the season. But that might say more about our society than it does about the NBA.

If it wasn’t for Toronto’s magnetic rims, Sixers would be champs.

This is not my strong suit, but I love making predictions...

KD: NY Knicks
Kyrie: Brooklyn Nets
Kawhi: LA Clippers - Feels like he should stay w/ Toronto (more money / defend the North), but it just seems like he wants to go to LA (but not w/ Lebron)
AD: LA Lakers
Butler: Philly 76ers
Klay: Golden State Warriors

I think that was everyone's take on KD. My whole point was that all things come to an end, and usually sooner than you'd think.

Wasn't reposting to call you out.

Agree that a full-strength Warriors squad likely wins the championship. But that didn't happen. And now they have major question marks going forward. So the NBA isn't broken... Though I still think it's not ideal that the offseason is more entertaining than the season. But that might say more about our society than it does about the NBA.

I think all it says a few things about society. First, labor has secure more rights over the last two generations and it's far less likely that people stay in the same job for their whole career. The NBA is a microcosm of that. Second, social media has allowed us to "know" far more people than we used to know. For example, I think I knew you a little bit at Wake and I can't remember your name, but we've "known" each other on these boards for over 20 years. The same applies for athletes. In the past, player movement was about winning and salary but now it's about personalities and we have access to that. Third, we live in a 24 hour, 7 day a week, 365 day a year news culture. The NBA needs to sustain interest from mid-June to the end of October. The draft, free agency, summer league, etc serve that purpose.

The biggest thing it says about the NBA is that the NBA is a dynasty league. Every season maybe 3-5 teams have a chance at winning the championship at best and one of them always wins. Been that way as long as I can remember. So the quest is to become one of those teams. That's more likely to happen in the offseason than the regular season. Has a team ever become a championship contender in the regular season? Occasionally. But the story is more likely to be teams that were thought to be contenders falling off rather than the reverse.

Another thing is homecourt advantage doesn't matter nearly as much as it used to. Whether it's because teams travel in luxury or they can find randos on the road using Tinder instead of going to the club (reference a great article from a few years ago), for the top teams, the regular season is all about securing homecourt advantage. The Raptors won the last three games in Oracle. The home team only won 2 games out of 6.

I think it's premature to call this the end of the Warriors dynasty, too. KD is gone and Klay will be out for a long stretch. But I think the Warriors still ahve a contender and if they can plan to be without KD, they'll still be in good shape.

KD to the Knicks actually works well...one more year of sucking, a good draft pick, and then bueno.

except its an achilles injury...good chance we never see the same KD ever again. would be HILARIOUS from NY to sign him to a ridiculous contract only to see him avg 15 points a game the rest of his career. so knicks

I don't get Kawhi leaving at all. He just won a championship on his current team -- that's the goal, and Kawhi seems like someone who would just be locked in on winning championships, as opposed to just wanting to get to LA.

I agree Kyrie and AD go to the Nets. Klay back to the Warriors. KD to the Knicks.

Butler goes to LA.

Kawhi who the fuck knows, because Kawhi.

PA has lower income taxes than CA. Plus, it's very unlikely that anyone would pay Jimmy the $45+M he'd get from the Sixers in Year 5.

Can the Warriors afford to max KD and Klay and keep Steph and Draymond?

Yes, their new building is basically a cash machine. Their tax would be the biggest ever, but so is their revenue. Some are saying the new building could create an additional $200M/year in its own revenue.

Back