• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Enjoyed this article on Giannis and some of the quotes gave me hope he stays in Milwaukee long term (he's has similar quotes in the past).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26473393/giannis-antetokounmpo-carefully-scripted-pregame-routines

Antetokounmpo's eccentricities are a matter of efficiency, not superstition. Like Barack Obama and Steve Jobs before him, the 24-year-old All-Star aims to eliminate all unnecessary decisions and distractions. Instead of a blue suit or a black turtleneck, Antetokounmpo favors Nike Tech Fleece sweatsuits and has no interest in joining the NBA's nightly pregame fashion shows.

"I just want to win," Antetokounmpo says. "All that other stuff takes away from the game, and you just spend extra energy on looking good for five seconds. I don't care about that. I just want to look good on the court. Get the win and go back home and lay on my couch and just watch game film. That's it."

Antetokounmpo does make summer modifications to accommodate for relaxation and family time. Still, when approached about starring in "Space Jam 2" with LeBron James, Antetokounmpo declined. Being in the film would have required him to give up two weeks of private workouts to train with his fellow stars while making the movie, a total non-starter, given Antetokounmpo's reclusive tendencies.

"I don't like being Hollywood," Antetokounmpo says. "I don't like all this extra drama. I am just going to try to be me."

Enjoyed this article on Giannis and some of the quotes gave me hope he stays in Milwaukee long term (he's has similar quotes in the past).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26473393/giannis-antetokounmpo-carefully-scripted-pregame-routines

Antetokounmpo's eccentricities are a matter of efficiency, not superstition. Like Barack Obama and Steve Jobs before him, the 24-year-old All-Star aims to eliminate all unnecessary decisions and distractions. Instead of a blue suit or a black turtleneck, Antetokounmpo favors Nike Tech Fleece sweatsuits and has no interest in joining the NBA's nightly pregame fashion shows.

"I just want to win," Antetokounmpo says. "All that other stuff takes away from the game, and you just spend extra energy on looking good for five seconds. I don't care about that. I just want to look good on the court. Get the win and go back home and lay on my couch and just watch game film. That's it."

Antetokounmpo does make summer modifications to accommodate for relaxation and family time. Still, when approached about starring in "Space Jam 2" with LeBron James, Antetokounmpo declined. Being in the film would have required him to give up two weeks of private workouts to train with his fellow stars while making the movie, a total non-starter, given Antetokounmpo's reclusive tendencies.

"I don't like being Hollywood," Antetokounmpo says. "I don't like all this extra drama. I am just going to try to be me."

Looks like he’s turning down the Lakers to me.

What an embarrassing showing from the Pistons at home with playoffs on the line. Letting Tyler Zeller absolutely roast them.

Dirk scored Mavs first 10 points tonight in his final home game and current leading scorer

Kind of love Dirks last game will be vs Spurs. Wired that it won’t be against any of Timmy, Manu or Parker

Redacted is an absolute fucking disease. Losing stalks and clings to him like the plague.

This Lakers season has been amazing. Since when did a coach beat out a guy like Magic? Since when has someone like Lebron failed so publicly on a trade request?

Reports were out today Magic and Luke hadn't spoken in weeks

This Lakers season has been amazing. Since when did a coach beat out a guy like Magic? Since when has someone like Lebron failed so publicly on a trade request?

Reports were out today Magic and Luke hadn't spoken in weeks

Gentry: AD got 'bad advice,' led to toxic situation

NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry said the fallout from the Anthony Davis trade discussions -- both for his team and the Los Angeles Lakers -- was the most "toxic" situation he's seen in over three decades in the NBA, while also noting that Davis got "bad advice" in the process. When asked after Tuesday's regular season finale, a 112-103 loss to the Golden State Warriors, if he had ever seen a situation like this during his time in the league, Gentry was quick with an answer.

"Not this toxic, no," Gentry said. "Not that affected two teams. And two guys. One lost his job and the other one resigned from his job. So no, in 31 years I hadn't had anything that would equal this kind of fallout. No, I haven't."

The two guys Gentry was referencing were former Pelicans general manager Dell Demps, who was fired in mid-February after the trade deadline passed, and Lakers president Magic Johnson, who abruptly quit prior to the Lakers season finale on Tuesday night.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26482426/ad-got-bad-advice-led-toxic-situation

Amazing as he's still his coach, although I guess they assume they're trading him this offseason to Boston.

Wow, missed this part. What a douche

Davis, who came to the Smoothie King Center wearing a "That's All Folks" T-shirt in reference to Porky Pig's famous line from the "Looney Tunes" cartoons, did not play on Tuesday and hasn't played since March 24 with what the Pelicans are calling lower back spasms.

Last edited:
Lebron managed to ruin his rep, AD's rep, Magic's legacy as a exec, and maybe Luke Walton's career and the confidence of the young Lakers all in one season.

I wonder if Jerry West is going to recruit Magic over to the Clips.

Back