• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Well I guess you can give them credit for not giving up on Dirk like they gave up on a future 2 time MVP in Steve Nash, but there were a whole ton of bad draft picks and free agent signings between Josh Howard and Luka Doncic.

Chandler Parsons and Harrison Barnes were some pretty awful max contracts

Well I guess you can give them credit for not giving up on Dirk like they gave up on a future 2 time MVP in Steve Nash, but there were a whole ton of bad draft picks and free agent signings between Josh Howard and Luka Doncic.

Steve Nash fiasco what a fucking disaster. So was Cuban thinking he could win FA lottery three years in a row post championship. But again you have to look at both whole scope of pre Cuban Mavs and whole scope of Mavs under Cuban

But they also didn't put a premium on draft, which again you can say wasn't smart, but it led them to their runs from 03/04-11. They turned draft picks into trades. In the past 5 years when they have actually acred about draft, they have done much better. And even in between hit on some pretty great role players.

I love jaybone’s post. “I disagree that Lebron has ruined his rep, but now since he’s ruined his rep, it’s cool now to talk about how Lebron vultures franchises.”

Townie, you could argue this is a players league but I’d argue only one players team has won a recent championship and that was Lebron’s Cavs.

??? He hasn't ruined his rep by being a terrible GM. He's not paid to be a GM. That's Magic and some other dude's job. Magic ruined his rep. Not Lebron. CP3 tried to do the same stuff w the Clippers.

An organization's job is to tell a player, thanks for the idea, we'll take it from here. Lakers haven't done that. That ain't on Lebron. So, no, he hasn't ruined his rep. At all.

Chandler Parsons and Harrison Barnes were some pretty awful max contracts

I think interesting thing about Mavs is they do have a terrible max contract rep, but do really well at helping guys resurrect careers and at mid tier FA level. They should stick to that because they do super well there

Who had the better career: Dirk or D-Wade?

Considering the NBA stole a Finals from Dirk and gave it to Wade, Im gonna go with Dirk...

In all seriousness I think Dirk is undervalued by most. I think a legit argument can be made that Dirk has done more with less than any modern superstar in terms of his championship runs (while doing so in West)

Miles Plumlee made $12 mil this year for the Hawks. He'll make that next year as well.

Ryan Anderson makes $20 mil. Ditto for next year.

Tyler Johnson makes $19 mil this year and next

Tristan Thompason makes $18 mil and $19 mil next year.

James Johnson is on the overpaid list as well.

I also just kind of think this is state of current NBA. Terrible Max Contracts to fill floor salary bases

Yep. Every team will have max players. Every team has to make sure they aren’t terrible players.

I'd argue that the Warriors are a players team. It's not just one player though.

I’d agree except the core players were drafted and management has kept them happy.

I don’t think Lebron’s Heat championships were “players championships.” Pat Riley runs that franchise.

Every team drafts players. The Warriors were just lucky/smart enough to draft the right ones and keep them happy. They also added Durant and Cousins and somehow kept everyone seemingly happy.

The Cavs got Lebron back because of Lebron's ego, which is the same reason they lost him after drafting him, and lost him again.

Thus the Warriors aren’t a players team and the Lebron Cavs were.

Magic's decision to announce last night rather than this morning was a totally selfish and BS move. He knew full well the stories last night should have been about Dirk and Wade, but he had to steal the story line.

Bush league on Magic's part.

What has he done? Can you tell me? Biiiiiig Magic Johnson. What has he done?

How has this not been posted?

Probably a blessing in disguise. As he tweeted, a good reminder of why he needs to retire. Every time he wishes he were playing next year, he’ll remember how he couldn’t scale the scorers table. (Pay no attention to the fact that he scored 30 because it weakens my argument.)

I'd prolly hold off on calling Dallas a well run organization after all that #metoo stuff

Not just that, for all the how 'great of an owner' Cuban is, how do you explain they came to the point where Dirk goes out in this crap year? Let's not forget the 'hey we'll break up the championship team and all the FA's will come here because I'm such a great owner' move.

Cuban didn't bring Dirk in. They made the right choice with a high lottery pick that he'll under achieve with.

Who had the Spurs with 48 wins this year?

Dallas is not even in the same conversation with the Spurs.

Soooooo Portland decided it's better to play Utah in the 1st round to get a shot at GS in the 2nd. Interesting choice.

Haven't seen it but Spurs bring Dirk to tears with farewell video. Spurs tiers above Mavs.

Back