• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

When will next round dates for eastern conference be announced?

Might see a preliminary schedule out later tonight if both the Warriors and Rockets close things out, as 7 of the 8 series would be done. 1st game of Bucks/Celtics should be Sunday (either 1pm or 3:30pm on ABC....if Jazz/Rockets go to Game 7, would expect that to be at 1pm....if it is Warriors/Rockets Game 1, Boston/Milwaukee would get bumped to 1pm).

Here's something for the stat boys.

This post-season everyone not named Dame Lillard is 6-36 on shots over 30'.

Dame Lillard is 8-12 on shots over 30'.

That's a completely different series if Donovan Mitchell didn't lay a complete egg. 9-27 and 4-22 in two close games ain't getting it done. Are we sure he's any good?

That's a completely different series if Donovan Mitchell didn't lay a complete egg. 9-27 and 4-22 in two close games ain't getting it done. Are we sure he's any good?

I was wondering the same thing. They were counting on Rubio to hit big shots. Seems like he could be a tier below Simmons, Tatum, and maybe Collins.

You got Cash app or Apple Pay?

Clippers can get very very interesting this offseason. Good owner (Ballmer), good coach (Rivers), good GM (West). Stable situation compared to the complete shitshow the Lakers front office is and all the drama surrounding an aging Lebron. Only three players under contract are Gallo ($23M) for one more season, Lou Williams ($8M) and Harrell ($4M) and Alexander and Shamet on rookie deals. All are way under value. I think they have some good picks coming along the way in unloading CP3 and Blake. Gallo had such a good season he could be easily moved if for some reason they needed space for two of Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie or Kemba, but I think they can get 2 of them without even moving Gallo. Then just add yourself some Anthony Davis next year after Gallo comes off the books.

Last edited:
Really impressed by the Clips tonight.

So the clips have won twice at gs. I thought klay told us the wouldn’t let down and they had close this out to match the rockets.

Clips getting Durant and Kawhi and the Lakers striking out in free agency would be such a fun way to stick it to Lebron.

Rockets really staggered to the finish line after a scorching start to the Jazz series but at least they closed last night. Hope the good Harden shows up for the GS series. The Rockets “offense” is painful to watch when he’s shooting poorly.

I think Brooklyn is going to grab two of the players seeking max deals. One will most likely be Russell, but they have as much cap room as the Clippers.

In fact, only the Knicks have more cap room than Brooklyn and the Clippers, followed by Dallas. I think all four of those are going to be better destinations for a Durant or Kawhi than the Lakers.

Yeah all of those teams have better cores to build on than the Lakers.

Even the Knicks?

knox, robinson, smith jr is decent--lakers are slightly ahead of schedule to the knicks but GM lebron kinda makes all that worse

Durant is hard to read, but have hard time seeing him agreeing to kowtow to LeBron for what could be his final move to another franchise. Seems like among his motivations to leave GSW is to be the lead dog.

That said, if KD goes to the Knicks, as most think, if the Knicks struggle (as they always seem to) his world could get very ugly when he is forced to confront the predatory NYC media/environment on a daily basis Life couldn't have gone much better for KD since he arrived at GSW and the mellow Bay Area, and even so, KD has a tense relationship with the media there. What happens when the Knicks are 27-29 in February and the NY Post, Daily News, local sports talk are savaging him on a daily basis? Could be fun to watch.

Last edited:
If KD is on the Knicks I don't see them .500 that far into the season next year. Not that I have a ton of faith in Knicks management to build around him, he's just really good, and the bottom half of the East is NOT.

Back