• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Young, Hunter, Durant, Zion, Collins is one hell of a lineup.

You got Zion in the Draymond Green Center spot?

Collins wants no part of defending Embiid, Jokic or even moderate guys like Enes Kanter at Center. JC needs a 5 to take up space so he can tear up most PF.

So if Zion goes to NOH, does Davis still want a trade? Zion on Dallas would be fun as well.

Bryn Forbes is not very good.

Jamal Murray has a deep thigh bruise and can barely run...and Forbes cannot score or even look to score on him.

spoke too soon??? His job is to hit 3s and play adequate D. He'd be a better bench scorer. I think White will slide over to the 2 next year and start. He's does better than expected this series as he has disappeared through chunks of the season.

BTW - my gut tells me that this is Pop's last year and he is going to retire Duncan style after the playoffs are entirely over. They will hire from within. I think Udoka, but Messina makes the most sense.

Loved Shaq at halftime last night insisting he’d never even heard of Bryn Forbes.

“Maybe it’s because we have called college games that’s why we know him”
“Never heard of him”
“He’s been in the league three years Shaq”
“Nope never once seen him play”

Btw, udoka would have been a better choice for most interesting man in the world campaign now that he has some gray in his beard.

Forbes is a good player. Nice numbers for his first year of regular action. Definitely will be a good sixth man in this league.

spoke too soon??? His job is to hit 3s and play adequate D. He'd be a better bench scorer. I think White will slide over to the 2 next year and start. He's does better than expected this series as he has disappeared through chunks of the season.

BTW - my gut tells me that this is Pop's last year and he is going to retire Duncan style after the playoffs are entirely over. They will hire from within. I think Udoka, but Messina makes the most sense.

Haha, yeah probably. But, he had 4 points in game 5, on 1/6 shooting, 0 rebounds and 1 assist, as the starting SG. Not good. Especially in the playoffs. That's a real disappearance.

I do 100% agree he is better as a rotational 6th or 7th man. Not a starter, but I guess that's what they've got right now.

Poeltl on the other hand, he is really showing me something. Jokic is going off, but Poeltl keeps the motor running at both ends and seems unphased. Impressed.

Also, agree with you, D White will slide over to the SG next year, but a problem then comes up that your starting PG D Murray and starting "SF" DeRozan never shoot, and thus never make 3 pointers. So, is Mirotic the new PF (?) - gotta have somebody shoot and make 3's/stretch the floor, right?

Don't call me nostradumbass or Nostradamus, but I will point out that I expected the 1st round to be a walk in the East and tight in the West simply by looking at the standings. I still think it is amazing that 9 games separated the 8th spot from 1st in the West while 9 games separated the 3rd spot from 1st in the East.

I do think Denver will win on Saturday. I think they will come out on fire. If Nuggets win, they beat Portland due to all they've learned playing the Spurs. If the Spurs win, I expect Portland to win in 6 or 7. Denver could beat the Warriors, though I will say Bogut is actually a better matchup for the Warriors on Jokic than Cousins would have been IMO.

I am looking forward to the 2nd round in the East. Should be fun. Will be easy to cheer against Philly. Embiid behavior reminds me a little or Rondo. Remember when Rondo was on Boston and he acted like he was god's fucking gift to PG and taunted CP3? Look at him now. Embiid's act is gonna be tiring to teammates when he is no longer able to give you 24/13 and he's still firing flat footed 3-pointers. He could be the traveling big, like Rondo is. Not a fan.

I do have a super soft spot for Brooklyn Center Jarrett Allen, and that elbow was intentional. Bumped into Allen buying a $300 lego set at Target with my son near Barclays several months ago and the kid was so unimposing (and fairly nice to my son who essentially backed him out of the post insisting on his own lego search. My hunch is that Allen was buying that Lego set for himself as an afternoon project. They advantages of being a young millionaire - unlimited Lego expense account.

Haha, yeah probably. But, he had 4 points in game 5, on 1/6 shooting, 0 rebounds and 1 assist, as the starting SG. Not good. Especially in the playoffs. That's a real disappearance.

I do 100% agree he is better as a rotational 6th or 7th man. Not a starter, but I guess that's what they've got right now.

Poeltl on the other hand, he is really showing me something. Jokic is going off, but Poeltl keeps the motor running at both ends and seems unphased. Impressed.

Also, agree with you, D White will slide over to the SG next year, but a problem then comes up that your starting PG D Murray and starting "SF" DeRozan never shoot, and thus never make 3 pointers. So, is Mirotic the new PF (?) - gotta have somebody shoot and make 3's/stretch the floor, right?

True. I think you will see an uptick in White's 3-point shooting next year out of necessity. I have been impressed in this series, obviously with his play, but is innate sense of when to shoot and not shoot. He's taken good 3s, some at the end of shot clocks, some early in the shot clock. And he's hit some big ones.

The problem with road games in the playoffs is that you cannot expect your role players to shine. They often don't step up. Denver essentially lost Craig and Beasley and to some degree Morris in this Game 6. That was huge for the Spurs. I expect two of those three to have much better games in game 7 at home. It would be nice if Forbes responds too, but it is less likely. Patty Mills showed me something with drives last night. It could have simply been he understood Murray was lame, but Murray is only going to be incrementally healthier tomorrow night. Mills, with his playoff experience and his usual ability to hit the 3, is going to need 13+ points IMO for the Spurs to have a chance.

I have been curious to observe Pop's rotations in this series. Some games he uses Bertans 20+ minutes to stretch the D; some games he doesn't use him at all. I think Bertans is on the cusp of being a good defender, but he looked awful against Millsap. I think Pop figured out that if you take away two of Murray, Milsap and Harris for a quarter, you can win that quarter by 10 points. If you only take away one, you'll lose the quarter by a few points. And Bertans is too much a risk guarding the 4.

My fear with the Spurs in Game 7 is that I don't have faith that Derozan and Aldridge can repeate the performances of Game 6. The Spurs stars are not top 10 players in this league. They both probably fall somewhere between 15-20.

Don't call me nostradumbass or Nostradamus, but I will point out that I expected the 1st round to be a walk in the East and tight in the West simply by looking at the standings. I still think it is amazing that 9 games separated the 8th spot from 1st in the West while 9 games separated the 3rd spot from 1st in the East.

I do think Denver will win on Saturday. I think they will come out on fire. If Nuggets win, they beat Portland due to all they've learned playing the Spurs. If the Spurs win, I expect Portland to win in 6 or 7. Denver could beat the Warriors, though I will say Bogut is actually a better matchup for the Warriors on Jokic than Cousins would have been IMO.

I am looking forward to the 2nd round in the East. Should be fun. Will be easy to cheer against Philly. Embiid behavior reminds me a little or Rondo. Remember when Rondo was on Boston and he acted like he was god's fucking gift to PG and taunted CP3? Look at him now. Embiid's act is gonna be tiring to teammates when he is no longer able to give you 24/13 and he's still firing flat footed 3-pointers. He could be the traveling big, like Rondo is. Not a fan.

I do have a super soft spot for Brooklyn Center Jarrett Allen, and that elbow was intentional. Bumped into Allen buying a $300 lego set at Target with my son near Barclays several months ago and the kid was so unimposing (and fairly nice to my son who essentially backed him out of the post insisting on his own lego search. My hunch is that Allen was buying that Lego set for himself as an afternoon project. They advantages of being a young millionaire - unlimited Lego expense account.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/jarrett-allen-story/

All those marks are far from guaranteed, but Allen’s selfless, simple nature makes reaching them extremely plausible. Off the court, his free time better reflects a soft-spoken college junior than a building block for one of the NBA’s most intriguing teams. He sinks into Haruki Murakami novels (“From what I think I know about Japan, they have their traditional side, and then they have their more modern side,” he says. “I just love how they stick to traditions but they’re still evolving.”), glues himself to Nintendo Switch, follows the Overwatch League, peruses Star Wars subreddits, and, whenever possible, constructs 1700-piece Lego sets.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/jarrett-allen-story/

All those marks are far from guaranteed, but Allen’s selfless, simple nature makes reaching them extremely plausible. Off the court, his free time better reflects a soft-spoken college junior than a building block for one of the NBA’s most intriguing teams. He sinks into Haruki Murakami novels (“From what I think I know about Japan, they have their traditional side, and then they have their more modern side,” he says. “I just love how they stick to traditions but they’re still evolving.”), glues himself to Nintendo Switch, follows the Overwatch League, peruses Star Wars subreddits, and, whenever possible, constructs 1700-piece Lego sets.

Holy shit. That is hilarious. I thought so, but seems so weird to assume that. Surely he was buying it for a friend's kid and I am an asshole, but no. Haha.

you might dig his reddit AMA

seems like a really easy dude to pull for

does your kid like Nets games?

you might dig his reddit AMA

seems like a really easy dude to pull for

does your kid like Nets games?

Now he does. There is actually an NBA player he BOXED OUT for position. But yes, to answer your question. Embarrassed to admit I haven't taken him to a game. I didn't think Brooklyn was for real until about 50 games into the season - they had an atrocious start. Then, life just happened. Will take him next year. They are certainly easy to root for. They basically have a Spurs East front office and all their players right now save maybe Russell are underdog/shouldn't have beens. And Russell had such a tough run in LA.

I fair-weathered my way into the Sonics in Seattle 30 years ago - I jumped on board sometime during Payton's rookie year in which he pretty much struggled and split time with Nate McMillan. I jumped off the Atlanta ship and onto Seattle's then. Granted, I DID live there. I stuck with Seattle until Duncan was drafted. I kept both and quit entirely when Seattle let Payton go. Not even Durant helped. Also, those atrocious red and green unis factored in. I still sometimes wonder what Michael Cage is doing RIGHT NOW. He always looked like he walked right off a Blaxploitation set. He had weird posture too. He stuck his ass in a way that usually only women do ... anywho, that I am sure is way too much info.

First round of the playoffs always has me wax nostalgic. The only playoff game I've ever been to I lucked into great seats at Key Arena and was there when Shawn Kemp tomahawk dunked on ? Gatlin of Golden State and then did some pose for the camera. I think it was a teabag dunk too. ...

The original star 6th man, John Havlicek has died at 79. He is still the Celtics' leading scorer.

I can still hear and feel, "Havlicek stole the ball."

RIP

I think White is a combo off the bench next year. Not sure what they do about SF. Wouldn’t mind drafting one.

Kawhi is pretty good at basketball.

Back