• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

That is not correct

Very correct. He's too slow to go by anyone or to cover anyone.

There is a really good replacement for him after this season. When the team drops JJ and Amir Johnson, they should extend Covington and sign Avery Bradley. The Sixers' biggest need is a 3&D guy who can Bruce Bowen the opposition's PG. Bradley can also cover SGs.

As great as Simmons can be, he won't be able to cover PGs. There's no sense wearing him out. Covington is a really good defender, but let's let him cover SFs like he should.

He's perfectly mediocre, certainly not one of the worst players in the league by any stat

Not a #1 option but plays very hard, has good assist:turnover numbers, and has added a serviceable shot. Plays within himself and defends very well off the ball.

Simmons has defended lots of PGs effectively this season, though I also think it would help to have a better guard defender because he's also good at guarding the wing and the post.

It's weird to say the Sixers biggest need is 3 and D since Covington is about to be near maxed and is the prototypical 3 and D, but yes, it would be ideal to get a guard who could do it too.

Thought this was interesting with regards to pop and his politics.

Spurs: Popovich was asked before the game how he handles the rush of letters and emails responding to his political comments: "I do read everything and I try to respond. It takes time because there's a lot of letters. The only ones I don't respond to are the ones are so courageous in their negativity that there's no address, just comments. That's hard to respond to. But there are people who disagree and say why, and it's erudite and intelligible and (I say), 'Yeah, you've got a point.' Those people deserve to be responded to."

pumped to finally be able to sit down and watch the sixers

nice move around lonzo by the worst player in the league

I really don't get the hype with Lonzo. Dude just dribbles the ball up the floor and then immediately gives up the ball as soon as it's in the half-court. He doesn't even run the offense.

Covington is a sneaky good player. Maaaybe even good enough to be a #3 on a team.

The last two sequences were shades of Kareem and Magic from Embiid and Simmons.

Embiid is one of the easiest athletes to cheer for.

Ball is one of the easiest athletes to cheer against.

Embiid- 46/15/7 assists/7 blocks. He would have had a triple double if Saric or JJ hit wide open threes.

A few Embiid moments for those who didn't watch

People who are 7'2" and close to 300lbs. shouldn't be allowed to bust out the eurostep like that. Jesus Christ that's utterly unfair.

First ever.

You know he did something special when nobody is talking about the rookie with another 18/10/9/5.

Well, they didn't keep blocks until 73-74. Wilt probably would have had several games like that, but likely no one else. I remember someone looking at about 100+ of Wilt's games and him averaging something like 8-9 bpg.

But Embiid is sick. A rule of thumb should be that if only you and Wilt did something good, you are incredible.

Wilt had four games of 45/15/7 in his career. He and Rick Barry (1) are the only two with 45/15/7 before they started tracking blocks.

Last edited:
Back