• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

marcus smart is an utter disaster on offense

This is the first Cs game I've watched this year. It feels dirty to root for all these Dookies, but at least they're all 1 and dones.

Congrats Celts fans.

How come the NFL can't figure out what TNT has with Inside the NBA. Even Shaq, who started off terrible, has hit his stride. Since when does Shaqtin' a Fool disappoint? I mean his delivery of the name is great. The Lebron one tonight cracked me up.

23632004_10154882446406536_8808640007529158286_o.jpg

I still have the domain name to BBB, BumBustBricks.com.

As of Nov. 8, Ball is shooting 34.4 percent in the paint — the worst in the NBA — and a league second-worst 25 percent outside the lane. In total, he’s at 29.5 percent from the field and 23.1 percent from downtown. According to Basketball-Reference, he currently has the worst field goal percentage of any player ever to attempt at least 10 shots per game.

Last edited:
How come the NFL can't figure out what TNT has with Inside the NBA. Even Shaq, who started off terrible, has hit his stride. Since when does Shaqtin' a Fool disappoint? I mean his delivery of the name is great. The Lebron one tonight cracked me up.

I almost never miss it, and when I do I'm pissed. Their staff is aces. Finding that video of the guy taking the free throw in Europe(or wherever the hell it was)is impressive.

Edit: Also, for us late-nighters, TNT replays are complete replays rather than the shitty edited ESPN replays.

Last edited:
I almost never miss it, and when I do I'm pissed. Their staff is aces. Finding that video of the guy taking the free throw in Europe(or wherever the hell it was)is impressive.

Edit: Also, for us late-nighters, TNT replays are complete replays rather than the shitty edited ESPN replays.

To me the lebatard show staff is similar. Crazy to me that I've basically listened to them every day for like 3-4 years now for 3-4 hours straight and never get bored with it.

To the Lebatard fans, does anyone have the Andrew Luck impersonation intro? It's easily the funniest thing I've heard all year, especially once you've heard what its based off of.

My all-time personal favorite was the 4:35 mark, I couldn't get anything done for the rest of the day (although its spoiled a few seconds earlier in this format, which sucks). Basically the show would get the announcer on and get him to say random things during broadcasts during goals (they do it now during boog schambi home run calls.) They also try to get Aaron Rodgers to say random things as audible calls.

Last edited:
So, what will replace it? I'd like to see the baseball rule, but that ain't happening. Probs be two years or no years.

Last edited:
I think it will probably be go straight to the NBA or 2 years. I personally like it for the college game but still sort of sucks if a kid blows up as a freshman he can't go get that $$$

What is the basis for bringing back kids going straight out of HS? Lebron was the only one to be an elite player in his rookie year out of HS. It doesn't really help anybody except overrated talents who get to get paid based on AAU clips. You could make the argument that one reason the NBA is flushed with talent now is that almost every player went to college for at least one year.

I think a one and done to the D-League or two and done to the NBA rule would be fine. But that's the only change I'd make.

What is the basis for bringing back kids going straight out of HS? Lebron was the only one to be an elite player in his rookie year out of HS. It doesn't really help anybody except overrated talents who get to get paid based on AAU clips. You could make the argument that one reason the NBA is flushed with talent now is that almost every player went to college for at least one year.

I think a one and done to the D-League or two and done to the NBA rule would be fine. But that's the only change I'd make.

You could make that argument but (IMO) it has more to do with more talented cohorts and less to do with the one and done rule.

You could make that argument but (IMO) it has more to do with more talented cohorts and less to do with the one and done rule.

The league is more talented in the 2010s than it was in the 2000s. The league was more talented in the 1990s than it became in the 2000s. That's not just more talented cohorts. That's a more talented generation of basketball players. I have a tough time accepting an argument that we'd be worse off if say Lou Williams had gone to Georgia for a year. Look at the list of HS draftees and it's a pretty weak list overall.

The league is more talented in the 2010s than it was in the 2000s. The league was more talented in the 1990s than it became in the 2000s. That's not just more talented cohorts. That's a more talented generation of basketball players. I have a tough time accepting an argument that we'd be worse off if say Lou Williams had gone to Georgia for a year. Look at the list of HS draftees and it's a pretty weak list overall.

I actually disagree with that characterization. There are not many of them (which means that old system more or less worked, IMO), but HS draftees succeed at a far higher rate than any other "year" of college-aged or international-aged player. Lou Williams, JR Smith, Amir Johnson, and CJ Miles might not be the most flashy players, but they have been reliable rotation players for a really long time.

Last edited:
Cmon Strick. I shouldn't have to explain selection bias to you. HS early entrants are the cream of the crop. The top prospects.

Second of all, there aren't many who were drafted. That's true. But plenty weren't drafted at all. It is a huge failure of the system if a kid declares out of high school and isn't drafted. He forfeited his ability to earn a scholarship and get a college education.

Next, the players you mentioned have had good careers, but they'd also make like 3rd team all-HS entrant.

The last three years of the rule netted three All-Star or All-NBA players, Lebron, Howard, Jefferson, and Bynum in otherwise deep drafts.

I still haven't see the argument that KD was somehow harmed by going to Texas for a year or that the NBA would have been hurt if KG went to college for one year before jumping to the league.

Back