• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Sucks. LeBron gonna bow out early. Doesn't want another L on that Finals record.

?

I don't think LeBron wants to get back to the Finals to take another obvious L. The only motivation he had was not letting Kyrie beat him. Now that's gone. Playoffs in the East are gonna suck.

I don’t think the greatest player of his generation who is highly motivated to be the GOAT wants to shrink away from a chance to beat the greatest team of his generation with a bunch of guys he cobbled together at the last minute.

I think if you gave Lebron a choice, he would choose to beast Giannis in the first round, beat a Heat team that wasted the Celts, then own the Raptors.

I don’t think the greatest player of his generation who is highly motivated to be the GOAT wants to shrink away from a chance to beat the greatest team of his generation with a bunch of guys he cobbled together at the last minute.

I think if you gave Lebron a choice, he would choose to beast Giannis in the first round, beat a Heat team that wasted the Celts, then own the Raptors.

I think the celts still make it out of round one

Cavaliers going to battle with the Sixers for the third spot in the East. Winner looks they would get Miami, the loser Indiana. Wiz need to do some work to stay in the 7th spot.

Cept he wants to bail and he needs the team to suck to give him the excuse to do so. See: Quitting in the playoffs vs the Celts prior to going to Miami. Lebron's a beta, not an alpha.

He was a beta. He became an alpha in Miami.

And then pulled off a bunch of moves at the deadline.

And is just putting up epic numbers (30/9/10 average recently), including leading the league in minutes played in his 15th season.

MVP (and I don't even really like the guy).

And is just putting up epic numbers (30/9/10 average recently), including leading the league in minutes played in his 15th season.

MVP (and I don't even really like the guy).

Epic turnover and defensive metrics? 4.2 TOPG, 3rd to last in team defensive efficiency, T-31st in defensive real plus minus marks amongst Small Forwards.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/02/06/lebron-james-defense-lazy-rpm/

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/7/1...ick-and-roll-coverage-cavaliers-video-hideous

CP3 career in a nutshell last night. Played awesome but had an epic brain fart of a turnover in the final minute to defensive phenom Pat Connaughton and essentially gave up the lead. Then came back down and hit a high banking falling down layup somewhat similar to his last second shot to defeat the Spurs over Duncan in Game 7 a few years ago (on a bad hammy) to win the game.

Ginobili and Aldridge willing the Spurs into the playoffs. If the Spurs lose last night to Portland (at home), they are in the 8th spot probably needed to beat New Orleans in NO in their 82nd game to make the playoffs. Ginobili went off with the game essentially tied and poured in 17pts, including at least two huge threes. Aldridge was Aldridge.

I do not expect the Spurs to get out of the 1st round without Kawhii, but would be an interesting matchup against the Warriors playing without Steph. I wouldn't call it a toss-up as Green is usually fantastic against Aldridge, but still will make Warriors fans extremely nervous.

Really looking forward to the TWolves - Nuggets game on Wednesday. Seems like it is going to be winner gets the Rockets. Twolves will have Jimmy Butler and Nuggets will likely still be short Harris, who has been great for them this year. Will Barton has really stepped up for the Nuggets the last two weeks though with Harris out. If Jokic could only play D!

Back