• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Ooooh how bout we bring back the #palmainvitational playoff AND have an all time draft.

All time teams face off one on one tournament style and winner advances based on board votes. Posters can make arguments for their team.

Just to follow up same posters participate in both. When it’s your turn to draft you select both players.

Orrrrr maybe this is a bad idea and it would lose steam quickly.

Wait, Bill Russell only shot 44% from the field, 56% from the line and averaged 15 PPG?

Overrated.

Bill Russell and Wilt got to bang on a bunch of loser midgets during their careers

So he was Ben Wallace born 40 years earlier?

I feel like a GOAT draft has to be 10 or few teams. That’s the top 50 players. Top 100 is less GOATish.

GOAT draft for five positions is much different thsn s discussion about who is THE GOAT. The fact that LeBron and MJ didn't play against HOF worthy opponents very often says they got a lot of their numbers against lesser opponents and would decrease their value.

GOAT draft for five positions is much different thsn s discussion about who is THE GOAT. The fact that LeBron and MJ didn't play against HOF worthy opponents very often says they got a lot of their numbers against lesser opponents and would decrease their value.

They played against plenty of hall of famers. They are/were just notably better than those hall of famers.

I feel like it loses some luster when I'm sitting in the 9th round figuring out if my backup PG is going to be Gilbert Arenas or Steve Francis.

I feel like it loses some luster when I'm sitting in the 9th round figuring out if my backup PG is going to be Gilbert Arenas or Steve Francis.

Somehow that gets out of the GOAT category.

Those guys aren’t sniffing this draft unless it’s a 30 team thing.

Back