• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

I woulda never guessed Bradley Beal is only 24 years old. Also wouldn't have guessed Al Jefferson is only 33. Strange he can't get on the court for Indiana.

Feels like Beal has been on the cusp for about 10 years.

Borderline top 10? He was an MVP finalist and two time first team all-NBA. He’s clearly top 5 when healthy.

LeBron
Durant
Harden
AD
Giannis
Embiid
Simmons
Westbrook
George
Kyrie
Butler
KAT

Off the top of my head. Kawhi, when at his apex, which his obviously isn’t now and hasn’t been in over a year, is somewhere in the bottom part of that group. I’d take the first 8 guys over him without giving it a second thought.

Amazing how quickly people forget greatness. It's one thing to forget Kawhi after a year, but you forgot Steph after a few weeks.

Ok, so Kawhi might not be top 15

So he was first team All-NBA the last two years, DPOY in two of the last three years and he's not top 15. Ok.

He averaged 16-4-2 this year. He’s in my top 50 for sure.

Haha. 9 games. This year does not count in terms of production. Maybe he was still injured not in the right headspace to play, limited minutes coming back etc. What absolutely counts is why he did not come back. That is the key. If he "got scared" or tentative about the injury, worried about number big payday, uncle did something. What he has to do for super max is convince spurs this summer or earn it next year after a trade. If he does not hit the metrics sitting out hurt him.

LeBron
Durant
Harden
AD
Giannis
Embiid
Simmons
Westbrook
George
Kyrie
Butler
KAT

Off the top of my head. Kawhi, when at his apex, which his obviously isn’t now and hasn’t been in over a year, is somewhere in the bottom part of that group. I’d take the first 8 guys over him without giving it a second thought.

lol

Back