• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Oladipo remade his body and was bad enough to get traded for an over the hill ibaka in the first place

Durant was an MVP with OKC

harden made the finals with Russ and Durant

Seems like there’s almost zero middle ground between people who love Russ and think he has no flaws and ppl who hate Russ and constantly act like he’s as crap as Melo actually is

Durant won MVP that year largely because Westbrook was injured. Oladipo may have remade his body, but I'm sure touching the ball again helps with his numbers, too.

Don't forget Reggie Jackson and Kevin Martin! I'm sure there's some weird excuse for why they got better the further they got away from Russ.

Westbrook's a great player who's a lot of fun to watch. But he killed a would-be dynasty by not adapting, and it'll always strike me as strange that the OKC brass backed the guy of their future HOF-er trio who was the least adaptable and is almost certain to have the shortest prime.

weird how playing with Westbrook makes other good players reactive and passive, if only there was an example or two of players who exhibited those very traits leaving OKC and then thriving

PG and Melo didn’t thrive before they joined Russ.

Holy shit there are some terrible humans on the Celtics subreddit.

Welp I guess Utah is my team now.

You think their careers are worse now than they were before? Carmelo actually got to play in a playoff game. PG is still going to get a big pay day somewhere.

You think their careers are worse now than they were before? Carmelo actually got to play in a playoff game. PG is still going to get a big pay day somewhere.

their numbers for HOF candidacy certainly are, and Paul George was gonna get paid this summer wherever he played this season.

All so OKC could win 1 more regular season game than last year and lose in the first round of the playoffs in six games instead of five. Russ with help, Russ without help = same result. But hey, triple doubles are cool and stuff

Durant won MVP that year largely because Westbrook was injured. Oladipo may have remade his body, but I'm sure touching the ball again helps with his numbers, too.

Don't forget Reggie Jackson and Kevin Martin! I'm sure there's some weird excuse for why they got better the further they got away from Russ.

Westbrook's a great player who's a lot of fun to watch. But he killed a would-be dynasty by not adapting, and it'll always strike me as strange that the OKC brass backed the guy of their future HOF-er trio who was the least adaptable and is almost certain to have the shortest prime.

Pshh the front office killed a would be dynasty by refusing to pay up for Harden and being as cheap as possible

Russ with healthy help = NBA Finals and pushing the warriors to the brink in the conference finals. This is so delusional

Official 2017 NBA Thread: it's playoff time

Pshh the front office killed a would be dynasty by refusing to pay up for Harden and being as cheap as possible

Russ with healthy help = NBA Finals and pushing the warriors to the brink in the conference finals. This is so delusional

Yep. Blame the OKC front office and coaching for squandering a potential dynasty. They had potential to be the Warriors before the Warriors. But screw them. They stole Seattle’s team.

And work on your math, Slim. If
Russ = Russ + PG + Melo
Pacers + PG < Pacers - PG
Knicks + Melo = Knicks - Melo

Russ isn’t the big problem.

Last edited:
Russ' D never approached Kobe's. Russ' mentality is on one side of the court.

KD is the easiest megastar (other than Tim) to play with in decades and Russ couldn't.

KD is the most sensitive guy in the league and it’s not even close. Guy couldn’t take the “heat” from an okc media that did almost nothing but love the team. If Russ was as bad as people say to play with, I doubt they make it 8 years or whatever it was together. And they went out almost taking out the Warriors.

The second best player on the planet has made it very clear (albeit through very douchey methods) that he left OKC expressly because he hated playing with Westbrook.

Agree about the FO being cheap. Also they were mad about Harden going to strip clubs or something. So dumb.

The "Russ with healthy help = NBA Finals and pushing the warriors to the brink" is the argument from last year. He got that help. They won one more game and somehow looked worse in the playoffs. There's always a new excuse every year, but he remains the common denominator. A healthy Andre Roberson does not make the Thunder a real contender all of a sudden.

This is really just transferrance, as Russ has the closest mentality to Kobe

There's some truth to this, I hate that style of play and have for a long time

Houston and my main man Bzzzz are like the neo-Kings, just lovely to watch

The second best player on the planet has made it very clear (albeit through very douchey methods) that he left OKC expressly because he hated playing with Westbrook.

Agree about the FO being cheap. Also they were mad about Harden going to strip clubs or something. So dumb.

The "Russ with healthy help = NBA Finals and pushing the warriors to the brink" is the argument from last year. He got that help. They won one more game and somehow looked worse in the playoffs. There's always a new excuse every year, but he remains the common denominator. A healthy Andre Roberson does not make the Thunder a real contender all of a sudden.

PG and Melo weren’t help. That’s the point.

Lebron to the Rockets next year regardless of what happens today. Going to be nuts.

Back