• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

2H line is GSW -4.5

Or moneyline... +375 (HOU -500)

Both tempting. But I’ll abstain since I’d like to see a Rockets win.

I think Harden and KD will cancel eachother out. Gordon and Klay can presumably cancel each other out. Green and Capela will both get a handful of free bunnies a game and that's it. And I like Tucker/Ariza more than I like Iggy/Livingston/West, although that's pretty even.

Really going to come down to Steph vs CP3 this series , I think. Chris is getting zero separation on his drives/moves. Looks slow out there.

I think Harden and KD will cancel eachother out. Gordon and Klay can presumably cancel each other out. Green and Capela will both get a handful of free bunnies a game and that's it. And I like Tucker/Ariza more than I like Iggy/Livingston/West, although that's pretty even.

Really going to come down to Steph vs CP3 this series , I think. Chris is getting zero separation on his drives/moves. Looks slow out there.
Ummm...? He's cutting Steph up.

"I feel like Chris Paul has a big butt"

"Yes, he uses it to shield off defenders"

"Is it a real butt or fake butt?"

Questions only asked if you live in LA

Ummm...? He's cutting Steph up.

Chris usually gets about 3-5 feet of separation when pulling up at the foul line. He's not even able to get enough room to pull up. He's got 5 points and 3 TO's vs 5 assists midway through the 3rd quarter. It's been his worst playoff series by a large margin, so far.

Shit, Zaza is in the game? Get everyon the fuck outta the game. On Cue, he just went long on a Harden 3 pointer

CP3 injury makes it 4955884 years in a row the Dubs get a team with a hobbled star. And then the Kyrie-less Celtics in the Finals.

I like how last year in the playoffs Joe Johnson was back to being ISO Joe and this year he’s just kinda fat.

Greg Monroe got pretty fat seemingly overnight too.

Also if I had to pick a random nba player to win a street fight on my behalf Tarik Black is on the short list.

If there was an NBA Jam/Street Fighter mashup it would be tough to get a better two man squad than Tarik/PJ Tucker.

Also if I had to pick a random nba player to win a street fight on my behalf Tarik Black is on the short list.

If there was an NBA Jam/Street Fighter mashup it would be tough to get a better two man squad than Tarik/PJ Tucker.

I’ll take a Morris bro and James Johnson. Don’t want to catch those hands (or feet)

Gotta be on the same team donks.

JJ and UD is solid though.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rry-defense-evening-western-conference-finals

Houston focusing on getting Curry in an iso situation on defense and it worked pretty well last night. He may be fully healed, but is he really 100% ?

The Rockets targeted Curry on 23 possessions in Game 2, the most he has been targeted in a game this postseason, as they routed the Golden State Warriors 127-105 on Wednesday night to even the series at one game apiece. He was the primary defender on 20 plays in Game 1.

According to Second Spectrum, Curry defended 15 isolation plays in Game 1 and 13 in Game 2. Both were more than he had defended in the past four seasons, regular season and playoffs.

Asked about how relentlessly the Rockets are zeroing in on Curry, coach Mike D'Antoni said, "It's obviously one of our things we like to do."

In the series, James Harden and Chris Paul are consistently calling for screens from the teammate Curry is guarding to get the two-time MVP to switch onto them. Once Curry switches to the primary ball handler, the Rockets attempt to penetrate to the basket.

Houston shot 7-of-15 from the field on those 23 possessions Curry was the primary defender. Curry was beat off the dribble frequently and too often allowed Harden to drive to his stronger left side.

Back