• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Stay lame, KD.

I took my family to see the Sound of Music tonight. On the way home, my 5 year old had an astute observation. “Sometimes good guys become bad guys because they lose to the bad guys and want to win so they join the bad guys.”

I turned to my wife and said, “That’s why a lot of people don’t like Kevin Durant.”

Yep. JR Smith is going to be the straw that broke the Lebron stays in Clevelands back

these boys out there making history and ph is watching 50 yo musical about white europeans. smdh

The play surprised me more than the outcome of the game.

was it better than ziegfeld follies during the 97 finals?

No idea what that is. It was Family Night. Kids tickets were cheap. Didn't have kids in '97.

As detailed in The Ringer’s report, an anonymous tipster pointed out evidence connecting Colangelo to five Twitter accounts, four of which were critical of current and former Sixers players, former team president and general manager Sam Hinkie, and Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri. Tweets from the accounts claimed that a 2017 trade involving former Philly center Jahlil Okafor was derailed because Okafor failed a physical, and that coach Brett Brown wanted Nerlens Noel gone because the former Sixers big man was bad for the locker room. Other tweets blamed Markelle Fultz’s shooting woes this season on the no. 1 draft pick and Keith Williams, a family friend and trainer, and called Joel Embiid a “toddler,” among other things. More than one tweet also defended the size of Colangelo’s shirt collar.

Brett Brown will be running basketball operations between now and when they sign a new person. Players seem to like Brown. It may help during free agency.

Last edited:
Some are saying Doncic is dropping and may fall to #4. If he does, the Sixers should create a bundle for him.

This may not be enough - #10, #26, #38, #39, next year's #1 and maybe a player like Covington.

Some are saying Doncic is dropping and may fall to #4. If he does, the Sixers should create a bundle for him.

This may not be enough - #10, #26, #38, #39, next year's #1 and maybe a player like Covington.

No, it wouldn't. I don't think teams want to load up on 5 picks, 4 picks in one year. Sacramento in particular has a bunch of good not great players filling their roster, so adding potentially three more is a non-starter.

Atlanta is a slightly different story. Their 9-13 on their roster remind me of NBA players on a 1st year expansion team. But still, I don't think the #38 and #39 pick have much sex appeal to someone with a top 4 pick. Hard to sell to the base.

Three #1s and Covington. The second round picks can be used as filler.

I don't think a team is allowed to trade three consecutive #1 picks of their own or I'd say add 20's #1.

Back