• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

True, but I think there is a difference between forming a team that hadn't achieved anything together and an MVP signing with a team with a 2 time MVP that just won the most regular season games of all time. And the Heat lost a couple of years with that group, where I doubt the Warriors will lose as long as the group of four are together.

True. I know KD is a great player but he will never have my respect unless he goes elsewhere and wins. You could have added RJ to that Warriors team and still won championships.

There has been no reason to watch these finals. Warriors are not even trying hard. Just coasting to a likely sweep.

Kind of a funky stat but amazing nonetheless. Outside of LeBron no player has ever had consecutive 25-8-8 finals games. He’s done it in 10 straight.

SMH

1d343ab89f6f0b4bcbed4c0db4f88117.jpg

Official 2017 NBA Thread: where is irish?

There has been no reason to watch these finals. Warriors are not even trying hard. Just coasting to a likely sweep.

Two things:

1- I don’t think GSW is good enough to just coast to a championship. They were the biggest favorites in a long long time in this series. I just think they have some issues on both ends of the court.

2- While GSW may sweep, the Cavs have absolutely had opportunities to win Game 1/3/4. Hasn’t been a laugher. Just not very enjoyable.

Always a bummer when a decent NBA playoffs ends with a shitty NBA Finals.

Feel like this playoffs has actually been really enjoyable

Also, Luka is not falling to 4 in the NBA Draft.

I don't think so either but have seen several mocks that have him there.

Next year, the refs should take Steph aside and tell him that he won't be getting any calls when he contorts his body. He's way too good to do that BS.

Overall definitely. How often have the Finals teams been big favorites entering the playoffs yet combined to win three or more Game 7s.

That’s what I was trying to say.

Just disappointing to go through 3 solid rounds only to end up with the shitty matchup (and result) that was expected from day one.

zzzzzzzzzz

feels like i'm watching a regular season game in january

embarrassing stuff for the league

Eh these playoffs were kinda boring to me

CP took the drama out of the Houston/Warriors series

Cavs/Celtics is super boring

Philly would have been fun

it's pretty simple

get rid of max contracts and let teams offer lebron and durant $80M a year if they want

Durant is already taking less money to win championships. Players are defined by rings, not contracts. Truly elite players aren’t going to take that much money just to play with vet minimum guys.

You all anointed Lebron the GOAT during a playoff in which he went 12-10.

Thank you god that this is almost over. On to real summer sports like bowling, poker, WNBA, cornhole and battlebots.

How often has the NBA Champ only swept in the Finals?

Back