• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Nobody wants Covington at his contract. #10, 2 future 1s that'll land in the 20s, and Covington isn't even close to good enough.

There's actually a song (maybe two) in the stage production that isn't in the movie. Surprising to a lot of people.

Yeah. Those were the surprises. I hadn’t seen the play in awhile. I remembered some of the changes (no “I Have Confidence” for example) and forgot others (no “Edelweiss” scene until the end).

Sadly the Nazi banners at the festival were too current.

Nobody wants Covington at his contract. #10, 2 future 1s that'll land in the 20s, and Covington isn't even close to good enough.

Covington's contract for a 1st Team All NBA Defensive player is VERY good. He's got 4yrs/about $46M with a little under $10.5M next year.

the day rj puts forth a trade involving the Sixers that isn't terribly one-sided will be the first

I didn't realize Covington's contract was so front-loaded. Bad take re: his contract indeed. My bad.

Kevin Durant ruined the NBA.

Has all of the drama of an A-Team rerun.

Kevin Durant ruined the NBA.

Has all of the drama of an A-Team rerun.

source.gif

Mr. T says "I pity da fool"

At least in his prime. We’ve seen older players ring chase but we hadn’t seen a top 3 player join a team that had already won a championship.

the day rj puts forth a trade involving the Sixers that isn't terribly one-sided will be the first

You're so right. To move down six slots, getting a 1st Team All NBA defender, who is locked up for four more years at a good deal, the #10 pick and many other assets that can be combined to create other starters is terrible deal.

See RJ post; froth at the mouth;make a dumb post....got your MO down perfectly.

LeBron started the "free agency dream team" trend.

True, but I think there is a difference between forming a team that hadn't achieved anything together and an MVP signing with a team with a 2 time MVP that just won the most regular season games of all time. And the Heat lost a couple of years with that group, where I doubt the Warriors will lose as long as the group of four are together.

Official 2017 NBA Thread: where is irish?

The Heat won a championship before Lebron.

People forget but the Warriors were down 3-2 before Paul was out with an injury. They’re the clear favorites but not unbeatable.

Last edited:
Yes I know the Heat won a championship before Lebron, but I said "a team that hadn't achieved anything together" meaning the grouping of Lebron, D-Wade, and Bosh in Miami. Once they got together, they were only 2-2 in the Finals (and could very easily have been 1-3). The Warriors have not lost a Finals since Durant got there (already counting this year), and I anticipate them winning again next year. They really only had Houston as a threat this year, and the only other potential next year might be if Lebron signs somewhere else. Hopefully after next season KD moves on to try to build a champion in a different city where he'd be the alpha, but I kinda doubt that happens personally.

Honestly, the Warriors have benefited heavily from injuries. Paul, Kyrie, Hayward, Kawhi in particular. I think the Warriors would have still been favored to win the last two vs. a healthy Paul, to beat a healthy Celtics team, and vs. the Spurs with Kawhi this year and last. But it would have been competitive and there would have been a chance at an upset.

Back