• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Two things:

1- I don’t think GSW is good enough to just coast to a championship. They were the biggest favorites in a long long time in this series. I just think they have some issues on both ends of the court.

2- While GSW may sweep, the Cavs have absolutely had opportunities to win Game 1/3/4. Hasn’t been a laugher. Just not very enjoyable.

Always a bummer when a decent NBA playoffs ends with a shitty NBA Finals.

You must be counting the game starting at 0-0 an opportunity

Lebron needs to learn how to be swept the same way Cam needs to learn how to handle a SB loss.

Two things:

1- I don’t think GSW is good enough to just coast to a championship. They were the biggest favorites in a long long time in this series. I just think they have some issues on both ends of the court.

2- While GSW may sweep, the Cavs have absolutely had opportunities to win Game 1/3/4. Hasn’t been a laugher. Just not very enjoyable.

Always a bummer when a decent NBA playoffs ends with a shitty NBA Finals.

Even had Cavs won a couple of games, there was never any doubt about the series. Golden State has another gear. They just have not needed it much.

Even had Cavs won a couple of games, there was never any doubt about the series. Golden State has another gear. They just have not needed it much.

I think you are misunderstanding my point. Agree that the Cavs never had a chance. The odds reflected that.

I’m just saying I don’t think it’s GSW and then a huge step down to everyone else anymore. They aren’t playing as well as they did in past seasons and I don’t think they will ever get back to that level.

They aren’t going to be good enough to coast next year if the Rockets are still as good and Lebron improves his situation. Boston and the 76ers appear to be on the upswing, as well.

Dwayne Casey signs for 5 years with Pistons.

His first move should be to find a team to sucker into taking Reggie Jackson.

Hard caps are created to protect managerial incompetence, penalize fans, penalize players and and penalize excellence in management.

One more: maximize owners' profits.

8bc92b09469be861a5127ea2d23d3b64.jpg

Some dude named Nick Nurse is the new Raptors coach.

What are some good examples of situations in which fire the head coach, hire the assistant has worked? I'm sure there are some obvious ones but the main one I can think of is Dabo.

What are some good examples of situations in which fire the head coach, hire the assistant has worked? I'm sure there are some obvious ones but the main one I can think of is Dabo.

Jimbo at FSU as well.

In the NBA, Popovich was a GM who replaced the coach with himself.

I think the Knicks promoted Jeff Van Gundy deep off the bench to replace Pat Riley and that worked out for them at least in the short-term.

Jim Boeheim, except that the previous coach wasn't fired just left.

I actually think Pat Riley was an assistant coach on the Lakers promoted when the head coach had a heart attack or something. That coach then went to UC-somewhere and had the highest scoring offense in the history of college basketball and two future NBA players until one sadly dropped dead at center court in the middle of a game. Hank Gathers was the player. Paul Westhead was the coach.

If you include cases where head coach goes out for heart surgery, assistant does well as interim for a couple games and convinces AD to oust head coach, and AD replaces head coach with assistant after head coach returns from surgery, then Phillip Fulmer taking over for Johnny Majors at Tennessee

Back