• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Tony Parker to the Hornets for a 2-year deal. The Duncan/Pop era moves closer to an end.

Tony Parker to Hornets - 2 years/$10M.

Did Pop drop Parker to help save Kawhi? Parker did insult Kawhi.

Not until Kawhi leaves and the Spurs miss the playoffs.

I was thinking about going to Vegas to see the Summer League. Well, until I saw how much tix were. I don't like sitting in nose bleed seats. Face value is $35. Reserved seats are $125-150 and courtside are $500.

That's outrageous for a summer league.

rjkarl.gif

pretty good seats!

$5 ..a bit different than $500

And that was to watch a Wake team with 4 NBA players and James Harden.

So, it looks like the NCAA isn't the only organization that likes to rake in the cash, but not pay the players for participating.

I remember a couple of years ago how several posters though Biyombo was going to be the next big thing. If Orlando can dump his salary and pick up a decent FA next year, they could be competitive for awhile. Their frontcourt of Gordon, Isaac and Bamba could be frightening...especially on D.

Zhaire Smith looks completely lost on both ends of the court. The Sixers only saved about $1M by making the trade. Unless they use the pick to help get Kawhi, it was a bad trade.

Lot of awful picks by lotto teams this year. Young tops the list but will have plenty of competition. This class won’t be near as good last seasons class and people won’t remeber that but still needs to be remembered. Lot of these guys will need a few seasons of seasoning.

Kyle Anderson signed a 4/$37.2 offer sheet with the Griz. I thought he was solid for the Spurs last year in Kawhi and Rudy Gay’s absences, but not at that price tag.

I remember a couple of years ago how several posters though Biyombo was going to be the next big thing. If Orlando can dump his salary and pick up a decent FA next year, they could be competitive for awhile. Their frontcourt of Gordon, Isaac and Bamba could be frightening...especially on D.

The magic have an awful backcourt. They are going to continue to suck for quite some time.

Back