• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Tony Parker leaves SA to go to Charlotte. Pop may as well walk away and let the rebuild commence.

Last edited:
Tony Parker leaves SA to go to Charlotte. Pop may as well walk away and let the rebuild commence.

The rebuild will start with whatever the Spurs get for Kawhi. Wouldn't be surprised if Pop retires after the death of his wife and all this drama. He can leave at anytime and his successor will be from his bench.

Murray, Green, Gay, Aldridge, Pau + Kawhi trade is still a playoff contender.

The rebuild will start with whatever the Spurs get for Kawhi. Wouldn't be surprised if Pop retires after the death of his wife and all this drama. He can leave at anytime and his successor will be from his bench.

Murray, Green, Gay, Aldridge, Pau + Kawhi trade is still a playoff contender.

Sounds more like the Hornets of the West

The Kings are actually moving forward. Maybe someday Irish will attend a Sac playoff game.

Sixers 10th pick, Mikal Bridges hit four threes for the Suns last night.

Hornets made the playoffs a couple of years ago. Not sure there is a path to championship contention for the Spurs within the next 5-6 years that doesn’t involve a complete rebuild.

The Spurs won 47 games. The Hornets did that two seasons ago and that was the only time since 2000.

How do you define “complete rebuild?”

First, I’m not sure there’s path to championship contention for all but a few franchises namely the Warriors, Celtics, Sixers, Rockets, and Lakers. The Spurs should firmly be in the second tier unless Kawhi stays to move them up.

Second, I think the Spurs could rebuild without tanking or even missing the playoffs if the trade is good and Pop’s eventually replacement is good as well. They’re executing the first step which is ushering off Parker and Manu and figuring out the future of role players like Anderson and Green.

I think they might have realized young might struggle from the field and are trying to boost his confidence by helping to get him some assists

I think they might have realized young might struggle from the field and are trying to boost his confidence by helping to get him some assists

Young has been good at jacking up threes. Making them has been a different story. Maybe he should be looking at more passing and fewer shot attempts.

The Spurs won 47 games. The Hornets did that two seasons ago and that was the only time since 2000.

How do you define “complete rebuild?”

First, I’m not sure there’s path to championship contention for all but a few franchises namely the Warriors, Celtics, Sixers, Rockets, and Lakers. The Spurs should firmly be in the second tier unless Kawhi stays to move them up.

Second, I think the Spurs could rebuild without tanking or even missing the playoffs if the trade is good and Pop’s eventually replacement is good as well. They’re executing the first step which is ushering off Parker and Manu and figuring out the future of role players like Anderson and Green.

That’s why I said “of the West”. But in general I think that’s accurate. If the Spurs can nail the Kawhi trade they can rebuild without tanking. I think the most likely path for them though is trading Aldridge as well, tanking one year and then competing with Murray, trade assets and picks

Collins seems like he could absolutely be the third best player on a championship team

I 100% mean that as a compliment

On recent champs that puts him in the Klay, draymond, love, bosh, Kawhi realm

Back