• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Murray was second team All-Defense. That wasn’t just voted on by Spurs fans.

Putting him with a legit scorer makes him even better.

Much of it comes down to the guard play behind Murray and DeRozan. If Mills and Forbes can hit shots, this team can win games. I think 50+ is a given provided everyone is reasonably healthy.

And zach Lowe reporting spurs also sent 5 mil cash to pay taxes on kawhi's trade kicker.

Spurs will make the playoffs, but the Warriors own the West for now.

All the more reason it made sense to take back youth and pics for Kawhi and LMA. And the Warriors hold on the West isn’t as tight as people make out. If Kawhi and Chris don’t get hurt in back to back WCF the Warriors probably have one finals trip and a .500 WCF record the last two seasons. And there core is going to have to start leaving a ton of money on the table to keep that team together.

In 2021 the Warriors will either be old or broken up, the Spurs had a chance to position themselves to take advantage and passed.

Much of it comes down to the guard play behind Murray and DeRozan. If Mills and Forbes can hit shots, this team can win games. I think 50+ is a given provided everyone is reasonably healthy.

RoCo was first team. What’s your point?

What’s Murray’s ceiling as a player in your view and when do you expect him to get there?

The Sixers trade would have been fine too. I'm not sure what you're arguing for. What mythical trade should the Spurs have made instead?

I think he's arguing that with more draft picks Tim Duncan will fall into their laps again.

The Spurs went 17-1 against the Grizzlies, Mavs, Kings, and Suns, who were all actively tanking and 12-22 against the rest of the conference. Absent health issues the Kings are the only team in the West likely to tank this year (maybe the Suns).

The Spurs went 17-1 against the Grizzlies, Mavs, Kings, and Suns, who were all actively tanking and 12-22 against the rest of the conference. Absent health issues the Kings are the only team in the West likely to tank this year (maybe the Suns).

And the added derozen and a young big. If they had Kawhi they just might havhave been a little better than 12 - 22. Maybe.

The Kings don't own their pick this year, so no, they won't be tanking. Probably will still suck, though.

The Sixers trade would have been fine too. I'm not sure what you're arguing for. What mythical trade should the Spurs have made instead?

One that includes a young player with more potential than Poeltl and a better draft pick than 25-30.

From all reports that deal was available from the Sixers or Celtics. From there you move LMA for picks and tank.

You end up with multiple young prospects and 4-5 lottery picks over the next three years.

Marcus Smart back to the Celtics, 4 years, $52M.

One that includes a young player with more potential than Poeltl and a better draft pick than 25-30.

From all reports that deal was available from the Sixers or Celtics. From there you move LMA for picks and tank.

You end up with multiple young prospects and 4-5 lottery picks over the next three years.
Who are you talking about? Celtics weren't giving up Jaylen, and Philly wasn't giving up Fultz.

And the added derozen and a young big. If they had Kawhi they just might havhave been a little better than 12 - 22. Maybe.

And lost Anderson and Green.

Does a Murray, DeRozan, Gay, LMA, Gasol lineup really sound like a 50 win team in next year’s West?

I’m sure if I go back and look on this thread I’ll find a ton of quotes from Spurs Donks about how good DeRozan is and how much value he adds to his team.

I’ll ask my previous question in a different way: which of these cores is the Spurs core currently better than:

KD/Steph/Draymond/Boogie/Klay

Harden/CP3/Capela

Westbrook/PG13/Adams

Lebron James

Butler/KAT/Wiggins/Teague

Mitchell/Gobert/(Jingles)

Davis/Holiday/Mirotic

Jokic/Barton/Harris/Millsap

Dame/McCollum

DSJ/Doncic/Barnes/DJ

Tobias Harris/Bradley/Lou Williams

Booker/Ayton/Warren/Ariza

Gasol/Conley

Harry Giles

Who are you talking about? Celtics weren't giving up Jaylen, and Philly wasn't giving up Fultz.

Covington fits the Spurs better than Derozan and has a great contract. The Sixers could have added Zhaire Smith and a couple of 1st Round picks.

Last week, Hoopshype had the Sixers and Spurs talking about a Pau trade.

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: okay, that was actually pretty funny

I don’t think much of DeRozan but he’s a huge upgrade from Green.

Did Murray/Green/Anderson/LMA/Pau sound like a 47 win team? No. But it was.

Back