• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

The Rockets wanted Melo before last season, then he plays like a turd for an entire season in OKC, and they still want him. :noidea:

Can't say I see how it's going to work, but Morey and the gang clearly think it's going to work.

I suppose the logic is something like: Melo in the Ryan Anderson role >>> Ryan Anderson.

I think the logic is that if/when they fail, then they have a built-in excuse and someone to blame, simliar to what they did with Dwight Howard.

If [Redacted] turns Melo into a plus defender and coaches CP3 to a championship, I’d vote to unredact him.

Getting the band back together!

"Coach [Redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him."
- Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets

Lukewarm take: Melo is a sexy story, but losing Mbah a Moute is the biggest offseason loss for the Rockets.

Hopefully James Ennis can slide into that defensive role.

Also, De'Anthony Melton might actually contribute some minutes year. That'd be massive.

I would have thought that losing Trevor Ariza would be considered a bigger loss that Boutros Boutros Ghali

I would have thought that losing Trevor Ariza would be considered a bigger loss that Boutros Boutros Ghali

Ariza is huge loss for what he brought to the locker room, but I'm not losing sleep over the fact that we didn't offer him what Phoenix offered.

LRMBAM produced as much as Ariza on the court (according to my eyeballs) and was so cheap and obtainable. It's a shame we didn't resign him. Like I said, we're gonna need Ennis and De'Anthony Melton to produce in that role.

MCW's brother sat two rows in front of me for the entire season. At the beginning of the year he was all into the games cheering for him, but by the end he would just sit there with his hood up over his head slouched down in his seat.

Losing Moute and Ariza suuuuuuuuuucks
Lukewarm take: Melo is a sexy story, but losing Mbah a Moute is the biggest offseason loss for the Rockets.

Hopefully James Ennis can slide into that defensive role.

Also, De'Anthony Melton might actually contribute some minutes year. That'd be massive.

Lol.

Losing Ariza was inevitable. We were never going to offer $16m for one year like Phoenix.

Losing Mbah a Moute was super, super dumb. The new owners suck.

My favorite is the play at the 0:48 mark where he shoots the baseline jumper and Kaminsky comes in for what should be a normal weakside rebound bounce and Siakam tries to box him out, but the shot is so far wide of the front of the front of the rim that Frank gets undercut out of bounds trying to reach back, and Siakam looks at the ref like WTF just happened how was that ball over there.

Jordan brand offered KL 20 or 22 for years. Uncle dennis turned that down. Now Jb is saying they will not try to re sign him. Who pics him up and for how much? Puma? Under Armour? Chinese company?

Jordan brand offered KL 20 or 22 for years. Uncle dennis turned that down. Now Jb is saying they will not try to re sign him. Who pics him up and for how much? Puma? Under Armour? Chinese company?

Uncle Agent is costing Kawhi big time. His total lost income may well exceed $100 million. Just amazing.

That video makes MCW look like the Javale McGee of guards.

Maybe I would hate him if he was on my actual team, but Javale always seems likable to me. MCW is the worst. Ballhog, screams at refs every single play like he is CP3 or Draymond but without any of their clout, and just completely awful. Javale always just seemed like a decent guy who is really athletic but can’t control his body. MCW just sucks. I was floored when I saw Houston signed him. Even the hornets beat writer was saying during the season that he wouldn’t be in the league next year

Back