• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Getting the rebound is. By cutting off the time, it makes the offense rush unfairly.

What they should have done to speed up the game is to go back to most of the old FT rules. Once in the penalty, if you get fouled while shooting (you could add fouling off the ball to this), it 3 to make 2. On an And One, you get two make one.

There's no real penalty to the defensive team for making lots of fouls and it slows down the game.

Manu announced retirement.

Songaila has joined the spurs staff in player development. Apparently, he's been coaching since 2015.

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: guys there's a spursdonks thread for a reason

I knew he'd been coaching, but I'd love to hear what led him to a position w/ the Spurs.

Being good at coaching?

But seriously, being a former NBA player doesn’t hurt. Darius was an assistant coach for Sarunas Jasikevicius, former Maryland player.

Last edited:
Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: guys there's a spursdonks thread for a reason

Being good at coaching?

But seriously, being a former NBA player doesn’t hurt. Darius was an assistant coach for Sarunas Jasikevicius, former Maryland player.

No, I meant that I wonder what his connection was to that particular organization.

Maybe I worded it wrong.

I mean, I’m qualified for my new job based on skill set and experience, but I had connections with this particular firm that helped get me hired.

Being good at coaching?

I think that recent free agent acquisition Quincy Pondexter will retire after his stint with the Spurs (however long) and join their coaching staff. That guy has a great basketball brain and it makes too much sense.

Spurs have been a great training stop for coaches. Now they are looking for a pop to follow Pop.

No, I meant that I wonder what his connection was to that particular organization.

Maybe I worded it wrong.

I mean, I’m qualified for my new job based on skill set and experience, but I had connections with this particular firm that helped get me hired.

Gotcha. I would hope the Spurs (or any employer) would just hire the best person for the job. Maybe it’s just that simple. But knowing Duncan probably doesn’t hurt.

Gotcha. I would hope the Spurs (or any employer) would just hire the best person for the job. Maybe it’s just that simple. But knowing Duncan probably doesn’t hurt.

Darius putting those WF ties to work!

the bucks will go farther than the 76ers in the post-season this year.

Not sure if this is the thread for it or if it is being talked about elsewhere, but The Shop with LeBron is really really good. Curious to see what the next episodes look like.

David West to retire.

Back