• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

That Rockets/Suns trade really worked out for Houston, huh?

rich get richer? now MCW can stay on the bench where he belongs.

MCW belongs in a really low level league overseas. Maybe Lithuania or Philippines

Westbrook has had knee surgery. They say he'll be back for the first game or soon thereafter.

#tooathletic

Good Zach Lowe article on ESPN. Starts slow as I thought I had seen everything and it started boring, but there are some good ones towards the end

ESPN is ranking the top 100 players, and just released 51-100 (top 50 to come):

AFA is #100; Teague is #98. To give an idea how subjective (and inaccurate), these ratings are: Markelle Fultz is #93. Fultz has NEVER made a 3 point shot in an NBA game, he shot 40% from the field and averaged 7 ppg in 14 NBA games to date. There are more than 92 NBA players better than Markelle Fultz.

Here is the link: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24651811/nbarank-2018-19-100-51-best-players-season

Elton Brand hired as Sixers GM. I could’ve been convinced he was still Udonis Haslem’ing it at the end of a bench somewhere.

ESPN is ranking the top 100 players, and just released 51-100 (top 50 to come):

AFA is #100; Teague is #98. To give an idea how subjective (and inaccurate), these ratings are: Markelle Fultz is #93. Fultz has NEVER made a 3 point shot in an NBA game, he shot 40% from the field and averaged 7 ppg in 14 NBA games to date. There are more than 92 NBA players better than Markelle Fultz.

Here is the link: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24651811/nbarank-2018-19-100-51-best-players-season

The 100-50 group looks like they just threw darts at a page of NBA rosters.

Jimmy Butler requesting trade.

Nets, Clippers, and Knicks according to Woj.

Looks like he just wants to live in NYC or LA and not split time with Ingram and Lebron.

There is no obviously good trade for Minnesota - possibly the best one would be Tobias Harris and Lou Williams to Minnesota. I doubt Minnesota wants D'Angelo Russell

I'm all for the players getting theirs, but these guys trying strong arm their way into big TV markets is getting annoying

I'm all for the players getting theirs, but these guys trying strong arm their way into big TV markets is getting annoying

Agreed. It's especially annoying from a guy who wasn't happy in a big TV market just two seasons ago.

Back