• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

That would suck for me as I grabbed Butler in the 2nd round in my fantasy league. Was hoping he'd end up in Miami where he should be given Dwayne Wade status

I'm seeing PJ Tucker + Eric Gordon + Picks

Seems like way less than the Miami package

CP3, Harden, Butler, Melo, Capela is pretty nice.........

I have a feeling that Josh Richardson and James Johnson are going to be in Minnesota this time next week. Would suck for James. I am sure living in Miami trumps Minneapolis. That said, he's from Montana or one of the Dakotas as I recall, so winter won't be horrific to him. Just saying. I'd rather spend $10 mil a year in Miami than Minneapolis. But I am a big fan of Cuban food and I think it trumps whatever it is that nordics serve with their whitefish.

I have a feeling that Josh Richardson and James Johnson are going to be in Minnesota this time next week. Would suck for James. I am sure living in Miami trumps Minneapolis. That said, he's from Montana or one of the Dakotas as I recall, so winter won't be horrific to him. Just saying. I'd rather spend $10 mil a year in Miami than Minneapolis. But I am a big fan of Cuban food and I think it trumps whatever it is that nordics serve with their whitefish.

Wyoming.

Butler sure does make a lot of noise for a guy who has never been the best player on a good team

“Over Pau?”

“I don’t think I’ll ever get over Pau.”

—-

I’m not ready to anoint the Celtics until I see them actually play a few games with the full roster.

On paper, they should be better than last year and easily win the East.

“Over Pau?”

“I don’t think I’ll ever get over Pau.”

—-

I’m not ready to anoint the Celtics until I see them actually play a few games with the full roster.

On paper, they should be better than last year and easily win the East.

Was that from Airplane? Its a good joke, but I can't remember if it was from a movie or a Rodney Dangerfield act.

Also, Melo is going to be a stud on the Rox. CP3 will get the effort out of him. CP3 is gonna start aging fast.

Last edited:
Also, Melo is going to be a stud on the Rox. CP3 will get the effort out of him. CP3 is gonna start aging fast.

Meh. He already carries himself like he’s the oldest guy in his pickup game by 10 years and his game has relied less and less on his athleticism since he blew his knee out. He’ll be fine for several more years. I am looking forward to his Fat Ray Felton stint with the Lakers in 5 years.

Yeah. IIRC, that was Pau’s first healthy season in a while and was a bit of a “comeback” year for him, but he was 34 and his Laker days were far behind him.

He was an All-Star starter (albeit at a weak C position) and he had better numbers than Butler (18.5 pts, 11.8 reb, 2.7 ast vs. 20/5.8/3.3).

He was the established star and Butler was an up and comer.

Back