• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

d14, im not quite as sold on Reddish as you. But I dont think the Hawks have much to gripe at. They clearly figured out how to build around Trae

Reddish has been wildly inefficient thus far in his career. But the promise of a really solid player is there, and he's already almost there on the defensive end. Yeah, I get it, he may never reach that ceiling, but I feel confident he'll be a serviceable NBA starter-type player over most of his career.

Last edited:
It speaks to how well the Hawks have managed the roster that they don’t really need Reddish.

Trae, Bogdan, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Okongwu, Capela, plus a combo guard and big wing is a good core going forward. Right now Lou and Gallo are in those spots. Maybe Dunn and Reddish take over the spots. Or maybe they get another good player in the draft or FA. Or maybe Atlanta gets to the point where they can attract a top tier FA. Who knows? It’s promising.

I still think the Mavs have won the trade a this point. But the fact it is an argument speaks well of Trae.

At the end of the day, I think it will take some time to unpack. As has been mentioned by a few posters already, the fact Trae plays in the East and currently has a more talented roster matters. But Trae is proving in these playoffs he is legit.

I think a lot of it in the long run will depend on how Luka cares for his body and his durability. If he manages to stay healthy in the league any decent amount of time, I dont think it will be close. But nice thing about Trae is even as he ages he can aways be a spot up shooter.

Is Trae's roster better or does Luka not make his teammates better? Porzingis is an all-star.

It speaks to how well the Hawks have managed the roster that they don’t really need Reddish.

Trae, Bogdan, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Okongwu, Capela, plus a combo guard and big wing is a good core going forward. Right now Lou and Gallo are in those spots. Maybe Dunn and Reddish take over the spots. Or maybe they get another good player in the draft or FA. Or maybe Atlanta gets to the point where they can attract a top tier FA. Who knows? It’s promising.

Right. If I am starting a team right now, I would choose Luka over Trae/Reddish any day. But if I am choosing which team has the more promising future at this point, its the Hawks. They have an amazing core if they can keep it together. Will be interesting to see what they do with Collins this offseason and what they do with Trae when he reaches his extension time

Having seen them all play enough now to judge, I wish the Hawks could replace Huerter with Reddish in the rotation.

Regardless, I'm not sure Dallas should be talking about winning the trade when the Hawks are a game out of the ECF and the Mavs haven't won a playoff series with Luka yet...

The Athletic is reporting that Zion's family as well as Zion are less than happy with Pelican organization. Disfunctional could be the word they are looking for. AD said something similar on his way out the door as well.

Zion may not automatically sign his rookie extension as he has a lot of dough coming in from other sources and might can force a trade. Probably won't happen but you never know.

Having seen them all play enough now to judge, I wish the Hawks could replace Huerter with Reddish in the rotation.

Meh. The real loss is that Solo/Snell are playing minutes that should be going to DeAndre Hunter. At least for this postseason

Last edited:
The Athletic is reporting that Zion's family as well as Zion are less than happy with Pelican organization. Disfunctional could be the word they are looking for. AD said something similar on his way out the door as well.

Zion may not automatically sign his rookie extension as he has a lot of dough coming in from other sources and might can force a trade. Probably won't happen but you never know.

Zion needs to focus on cutting down on the burgers and fries. Generally great players get drafted by crappy teams; that's the premise behind having a draft. LeBron and Durant missed the playoffs their first two years in the league. Jordan won one playoff game his first 4 years in the NBA. All of them stayed on their teams for at least 9 years and built their initial teams into a power. If Zion is a transformative player, transform the stinky Pelicans into a playoff team. If second year players start forcing trades, the NBA is in a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
the thing is, d14, reddish went to duke so

Now this is analysis I can get behind. The Zion love fest was so blinding that year that I can conveniently forget about Reddish's poor choice in undergraduate basketball teams as a Hawks fan

Zion needs to focus on cutting down on the burgers and fries. Generally great players get drafted by crappy teams; that's the premise behind having a draft. LeBron and Durant missed the playoffs their first two years in the league. Jordan won one playoff game his first 4 years in the NBA. All of them stayed on their teams for at least 9 years and built their initial teams into a power. If Zion is a transformative player, transform the stinky Pelicans into a playoff team. If second year players start forcing trades, the NBA is in a lot of trouble.

fwiw it does seem like the noise is coming from his family more than from zion, but i do agree with this analysis

the nba is the most player friendly league, and to me (though this is an unpopular take, i think) that's a plus. but at some point it detracts from the product, and players forcing trades is one byproduct.

Van Gundy was a weird hire to begin with and the stories coming out now confirm what was obvious when he was hired.

Zion won’t force a trade but the young core will have a say on the new coach.

DW, I'll give you Terry Rozier straight up for Zion right now. You get an actual lead guard and we get the athletic center / rim protector we need.

The Luka hasnt gotten out of first round argument is weird to me. He has shined in two playoff series against arguably the one team best constructed to stop him. And not just that but a team who both years people were talking about as one of the top title contenders. He was a few bounces away from beating them this year, and some injuries away from beating them last year. Are we really gonna say Luka doesnt beat the Knicks in a playoff series? Or he doesnt win a series if Mavs are in the East?

Now this is analysis I can get behind. The Zion love fest was so blinding that year that I can conveniently forget about Reddish's poor choice in undergraduate basketball teams as a Hawks fan

Lol. Fair enough

So I get the fact that at some point as a coach you cant take total blame when your team cant make a basket in six mins (including FTs), but is there a coach who has more playoff chokes with legitimate teams than Doc Rivers?

I, for one, find it much more fun to make fun of the Kings for taking Marvin Bagley than to try to decide whether the Hawks or Mavs ended up with the better of two great outcomes

Oh damn
200036752_10108431707811784_4646541562299745999_n.jpg

Back