• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

two games in the WCF before one in the ECF is lame, especially in a world wear Chris Paul has covid

Does anyone even know what the situation is with him? Did he actually test positive? Is he sick?

It's been reported that Paul is asymptomatic and that he will return as soon as he has consecutive negative tests.

Last edited:
Does anyone even know what the situation is with him? Did he actually test positive? Is he sick?

He had a positive test but has been asymptomatic.

Probably shouild be testing three times a day to get the first negative test out of the way.

Thanks Pilch and Biff. All the reports I had seen up to this point were somewhat ambiguous on the details.

It was also reported that Paul was quarantining at his LA residence. Guess that makes sense as he has the resources to try to keep his game sharp there. Also, looks like the earliest Paul will play will be either game 3 or 4 in LA.

Really odd how the NBA is not scheduling any breaks in the Clips/Suns series for the ECF to catch up. Clips/Suns play every other day; so, it's possible that series could be over by Saturday, while the ECF could go more than a week past that.

Really weird that the Olympic team is going to be so old. CP committed to playing too.

I'd rather see a young team show out, but I understand wanting experienced players as international ball gets more competitive. A lot of the top young guys aren't US players either.

Kevin Love needs a new situation. He can still play. I hope the Spurs find a way to get him. He'd be a great fit.

Last edited:
Agreed. How are you gonna give ECF 4 days and make WCF start in 2?

The ECF is a 2 day rest for the Hawks. The WCF was a 1 day rest for the Clippers, probably to make sure ESPN and TNT both got Sunday games.

I don't see the big deal. The West was a sweep and 6 game series. Both East series went 7 so they start later.

The Pacers are interviewing Clifford, Stotts, and Brian Show.
The Blazers are doing second interviews with Billups, Hammon, Staley, and D'Antoni.

My God - D'Antoni. Well I guess the Blazers are the team he hasn't coached yet. Talk about a retread.

Clifford too, but I actually think he is a very good coach who could win a championship with a good roster.

What evidence is there that Clifford is a good coach? That one Magic season?

The ECF is a 2 day rest for the Hawks. The WCF was a 1 day rest for the Clippers, probably to make sure ESPN and TNT both got Sunday games.

I don't see the big deal. The West was a sweep and 6 game series. Both East series went 7 so they start later.

Sunday night Game 7 to Wednesday night Game 1 for Atlanta

Friday night Game 7 to Sunday afternoon Game 1 for LA. That is a big difference.

And to Juice's point earlier, if you make ECF Game 1 tonight, and WCF Game 2 tomorrow, then both Hawks and Clippers had roughly same rest and you dont have 2 WCF games played before ECF Game 1

What evidence is there that Clifford is a good coach? That one Magic season?

I think it all stems from his reputation as the player development guy on the Lakers bench many years ago. I haven't really been impressed with any of his coaching (or player development, for that matter) since.

The big deal is that it's a brutal turnaround and pretty terrible for players' health and well-being. Soft tissue and ligament/tendon injuries have been out of control this year and my hunch is that the condensed schedule explains some of that. Clippers basically punted Game 1 to make sure that nobody put on too much mileage after the 36 hour turnaround and were lucky to leave with only one dude banged up, imo.

Bodies need time to rest. Even really built, well-conditioned bodies.

Back