• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Jackson may be the only clipper i like at this point.

Luka appears to be getting what he deserves for running off a good coach. He probably has no idea what he's in for.

Luka didn’t run Carlisle off. That’s overblown. Cuban and Bob ran Carlisle off. Now did Luka and Carlisle rub each other the wrong way? Sure. But this is all on Cuban and Bob

I don't know, seems like Carlisle rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Luka didn’t run Carlisle off. That’s overblown. Cuban and Bob ran Carlisle off. Now did Luka and Carlisle rub each other the wrong way? Sure. But this is all on Cuban and Bob

Ok.

Nice to have an insider here. Kidding (no pun intended).

Anything specific about how those relationships soured? They just get sick of how much control Carlisle wanted? Not living in Texas anymore (last time I was 14 - geez I'm getting old) even as a spurs fan I had not problem rooting for the mavs against most teams not wearing Timmy's silver and black.

Nico Harrison?

Does he have a strong rep as an NBA scout? Nope.

Vast experience in an NBA front office? Not at all.

Is he an amazing capologist? He is not.

Harrison has worked for Nike promoting its brand since 2002 (actually Harrison started pumping Duncan with the Spurs).

So, what makes Nico Harrison qualified to be an NBA GM?

Players like him. Particularly, Luka. Players league.

Seems like a big plus if players like the guy charged with recruiting and signing new players and retaining old players. I don't really have an issue with that guy being the face of the front office and hiring good scouts, capologists, "basketball minds," etc.

The problem as I see is hiring the coach and GM at the same time. Hire the GM first and make it clear who is running things. It still looks like Cuban and Haralabob are running the show which would probably be chaos.

I'm happy for Reggie Jackson. He's been a good player in bad situations. Crazy that he had to win for the minimum though. He was solid for the Clips in the bubble last year. Plenty of teams need a reliable veteran backup PG. Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks tried to sign him if they have the cap room.

He was solid, but was on the wrong side of that Luka dagger, so I think his reputation is still pretty meh in the eyes of the average NBA fan. "Big Government," as Clippers fans call him, has certainly earned himself a big paycheck in the future.

I'll admit - I don't quite understand the Clippers hate on here. It's a team playing without at least two of its starters with perhaps the most cerebral coach in the NBA literally adjusting the team to improbable victory after improbable victory. Clippers ball movement is a clinic, too. I guess to each their own, but this team has been unbelievably fun to follow since (the truly awful and overrated) Doc got fired.

My dislike is kawhi bitterness but I still love his game so I'm torn. I don't like Beverly but concede he is a great villain and I might really like him on my team. Paul George pushes off with his elbow every single time there is a remote chance of contact and the reffs ignore it. He also seems, to me, to play the "who me? I was fouled" act. I see it similar to the period when dramond led with a kick every time he went to the basket. They began calling it and he stopped. Heck, George got a foul call last night falling away from the defender while kicking his leg at the defender.

Paul George being lame is the reasons for the hate

Zubac and Mann are my favorite rotation guys

Plenty of reasons to hate the Clippers. General hate for LA and NY teams. The other three remaining teams are more likable and have Deacs. Super team hate. Hate for Kawhi. Hate for PG. Hate for Pat Bev. Longstanding disdain for Ty Lue.

Just looked up the origin of "Big Government." Excellent nickname.

My dislike is kawhi bitterness but I still love his game so I'm torn. I don't like Beverly but concede he is a great villain and I might really like him on my team. Paul George pushes off with his elbow every single time there is a remote chance of contact and the reffs ignore it. He also seems, to me, to play the "who me? I was fouled" act. I see it similar to the period when dramond led with a kick every time he went to the basket. They began calling it and he stopped. Heck, George got a foul call last night falling away from the defender while kicking his leg at the defender.

It's definitely a problem in the NBA more generally (and I hope the league addresses it), but it's a bit interesting that you notice Paul George doing it in a game also featuring Devin Booker...

Hoping for a Suns - Hawks final and the chance for CP3 to remind the Hawks, who have obviously drafted well recently, that they were big dummies in 2005 when they passed on Paul to take Marvin freaking Williams

what's that? Maybe the Hawks didn't need a PG? nah, they needed one - their PG was some scrub named Tyronn Lue. Yeah, the man who could derail CP3's finals quest.

Meh. They would have taken Deron Williams anyway.

It's definitely a problem in the NBA more generally (and I hope the league addresses it), but it's a bit interesting that you notice Paul George doing it in a game also featuring Devin Booker...

Longer arms = more egregious? Seriously though, agree that lots of players do it but he is a huge offender. Far worse than most on the court in my anything but humble opinion. If they called that shit in game one it would have become a more "reasonable" amount of players pushing the line some.

By the way, am I the only one that looks a zubac and thinks "third gasoline brother" ?

I like the Clippers alright, mainly because Kawhi has been my favorite player for a while now. I just find the other teams more exciting this year, plus rooting for former Deacs. But I honestly wouldn't mind the Clippers winning it.

For some reason I still remember reading a Sports Illustrated article probably in the 80s about how historically terrible the Clippers were.

Little did I know I would live to see the day that the Clippers are an impressive franchise, and it’s SI that’s struggling.

The Clippers certainly have an edge if the two first names rule applies (i.e. Tim Duncan, Josh Howard, Chris Paul). They have Paul George, Reggie Jackson, Pat Beverley, Marcus Morris even without Kawhi Leonard. The Suns only have Chris Paul, Devin Booker, and Torrey Craig. The Jazz only had Donovan Mitchell.
I like this analysis but am not worried as Morris isn't a first name so now the Suns and Clippers are tied with eligible two first name players.

Morris isn’t a first name? What?

Rumors that Dame is looking to get out of Portland. Dallas may be the leader because he wanted Kidd and endorsed Nico Harrison.

Back