• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

look at the numbers and make a case for any guy other than Jokic or Embiid over Giannis

MVP fatigue is real

The level of talent in the league right now is insane. The case against Jokic is that the Nuggets are 5th in the West. But they're only 3 games out of the 2 spot so that could change.

The KIA MVP Ladder has Jokic #1 with Dame, Giannis, Lebron, and Embiid behind him.

the case for Dame relies on carrying a weaker supporting cast, because Giannis' offensive numbers are about the same or better, his team's record is better, and his defense is way better

look at the numbers and make a case for any guy other than Jokic or Embiid over Giannis

MVP fatigue is real

CP3 has lifted a team that missed the real playoffs last year to being tied for the second fewest losses thus far. That's some numbers that are meaningful.

Lebron has carried the Lakers, who have missed AD for about 18 games so far.

Your Atlanta Hawks are now 22-20 and tied for 4th in the East with a win at the Lakers to start an 8 game road trip. Collins had a great line with 27 pts, 16 reb, 3 stl, 3 blk.

Your Atlanta Hawks are now 22-20 and tied for 4th in the East with a win at the Lakers to start an 8 game road trip. Collins had a great line with 27 pts, 16 reb, 3 stl, 3 blk.

Just saw that, monster stat line for JC. 11-15 from the field as well.

Someone is likely to max JC. I wonder if the Hawks will match.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...match-contract-offers-in-free-agency.amp.html

It’s bleacher report but it’s pretty accurate to everything else I’ve seen. Hawks plan to match whatever JC gets, but will do so relatively unhappily if it’s a max. It’s the very opening of the Hawks contention window. Letting JC walk for nothing would be a disastrous result.

Personally I don’t think it’s a lock that he gets a max, as there is no way that any team views him as a potential #1 option on a playoff team. Maybe Thunder or Mavs think the pairing with SGA or Doncic would be worth it. T’wolves supposedly really want to trade for him (won’t happen unless they stupidly send Edwards), but I’m not sure how a max from them makes sense this offseason.

Max isn't just for #1 options. Many teams have two max guys. It looks like the Max will be about $28M for a player with less than six years. A big question is whether JC will want the fifth year or take a chance that as he enters his prime he could make more money by signing for four years rather than five.

Max isn't just for #1 options. Many teams have two max guys. It looks like the Max will be about $28M for a player with less than six years. A big question is whether JC will want the fifth year or take a chance that as he enters his prime he could make more money by signing for four years rather than five.

I understand that. But you don’t max a number two option until you have a number one option. I guess that’s my opinion but seems like fairly sound logic to me. My premise was that there aren’t many teams out there (with the money) that would be pushed significantly towards contention by maxing Collins.

I really don't get the T-Wolves love for Collins. Seems like a weird interest for one of the worst teams in the league.

Collins is definitely good enough to be the #2 player on a top team. The question is if Young is good enough to be the #1 player on a top team or if they need Hunter to develop into the guy. I don't think it's crazy to max two guys especially your own draft picks.

Lebron out indefinitely with the dreaded high ankle sprain.

as much as I love JC, he's not a #2 on a contender in today's NBA

Meh. Depends on how you define contender. Are we just talking the 3-4 super teams that exist each year? Then no, probably not. If we define contender as a team that is consistently hosting playoff series, then I think he reasonably can be.

Meh. Depends on how you define contender. Are we just talking the 3-4 super teams that exist each year? Then no, probably not. If we define contender as a team that is consistently hosting playoff series, then I think he reasonably can be.

Yeah. Could he be Anthony Davis? No. Could he be Kris Middleton? Yes. Collins is going to be a 2-time All-Star at least.

Last edited:
Collins is the third best Wake player since Duncan but I don’t think any smart team should max him. He’s very good but that limits what you can do with roster construction.

Back