• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

It’s ridiculous but I’m not sure what the league can do to discourage franchises from saving money by buying out players on big contracts and players taking less money to play for contenders.

Make the team picking him up have the amount of prorated salary in cap space in order to do it.

He talked to several teams. The Nets offer a glide path to a championship.

Aminu getting some early run with the Bulls at the Spurs.

Last edited:
Geez. So much for the Warriors model of drafting well and developing talent. Now it's about big time free agents and massive trades then filling out the roster with cheap veterans any time of the year.

Last edited:
After making their tank official, the Thunder were up 4 vs the Celtics at the end of the 3rd. Presti must have called down to the floor because the Thunder have been outscored 19-2 in the first 5 min of the 4th.

if you're a destination, sure.

Right. So we’re at the point where only destinations win and other teams tank to accumulate assets despite a season with a great deal of parity.

Not sure if sarcasm. I don't think only destinations can win. They just don't need to develop talent like a small-market team does.

My Bucks are really lucky to not only have found and developed Giannis, but to have him stick around to benefit from that.

ExhYg23XIAI_wzc

Yeah the trade makes sense the more I think about it. I don’t expect much from Lou Will, but hopefully Dunn will be back soon to take over Rondo’s role.

The Hawks were not very good when Rondo was playing. Hopefully, LW will be better

Not sure if sarcasm. I don't think only destinations can win. They just don't need to develop talent like a small-market team does.

My Bucks are really lucky to not only have found and developed Giannis, but to have him stick around to benefit from that.

The Bucks haven’t won.

I think it’s more likely Giannis forces a trade to a destination than gets to the Finals in the next three years. That’s not an indictment of the Bucks just the league itself.

There’s got to be a better way to be a players centered league with balanced competition.

It’s ridiculous but I’m not sure what the league can do to discourage franchises from saving money by buying out players on big contracts and players taking less money to play for contenders.

Pretty easy - make a rule that if you are cut after the trade deadline you can't play again that season for any other team. The player is getting paid either way under the contract they willingly signed, so they don't really have a good faith basis to complain about not getting paid twice.

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Trade deadline talk

Gorgui Dieng to the Spurs over the Knicks, Suns, Clippers, Sixers, Raptors, Heat, and the Nets after he clears waivers.

Last edited:
Pretty easy - make a rule that if you are cut after the trade deadline you can't play again that season for any other team. The player is getting paid either way under the contract they willingly signed, so they don't really have a good faith basis to complain about not getting paid twice.

The buyout voids the contract.

What could be a way to get around this is to go to a waiver system. If you are bought out any team can claim you off of waivers, it would be in any inverse of a team's position in the league at the time.

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Trade deadline talk

It’s a joke at this point.

LOL. The Spurs waived Chriss.

Back