• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Another perfect sequence of the star treatment. Hornets, down Monk and obviously LaMelo, trying to come back against the Suns, have it down to 6 with about 3 mins to go. Graham throws an alleyoop pass to Bridges, who jumps for the ball. CP3 grabs Bridges in the air to foul him to prevent him getting the ball, Bridges goes through the foul, catches the ball, throws it up and in. Basket and-1. CP3 goes apeshit on the refs that the basket shouldn't count because he fouled him (on purpose of course) before he caught the ball. Refs agree, waive it off no shot, side out of bounds. So CP3, as the infringing party, not only gets the call but benefits from the foul despite the basket being made.

Hornets still manage tie it up at 90-90 with the ball and a few seconds left. Graham shoots as time expires, ball bounces twice on the rim. While the ball is still touching the rim and clock has expired, Ayton (I think, could have been George) pulls it off. Borrego screaming for a review for a goaltend that would have legitimately ended the game as a win for the Hornets, refs won't review it. Whether it was a goaltend or not, I don't know, but it was damn close and sure as hell close enough to look at given everything else they look at.

Go to OT, Hornets inbounding the ball to Rozier, one of the Suns gets his hand over and knocks it out of bounds, clear call. CP3 starts yelling "review! it went off his foot! it went off his foot!", presumably alluding to Rozier's foot. No challenge by the Suns, just CP3 yelling it. Refs of course oblige, giving the Suns a free TO, to go look at the play which wasn't within 2 feet of anyone's foot. So Borrego can't get a review on a legitimate game-deciding play that was extremely close, but CP3 can get a ridiculous review of a relatively meaningless OOB call that was not remotely close to what he claimed happened? The double standard is bullshit in a league that has ben trying for years to get actual competitive balance instead of 2 or 3 teams head and shoulders above the rest every year. Going into games knowing that certain players and coaches are going to get the benefit of the doubt on virtually every call is a joke.

Another perfect sequence of the star treatment. Hornets, down Monk and obviously LaMelo, trying to come back against the Suns, have it down to 6 with about 3 mins to go. Graham throws an alleyoop pass to Bridges, who jumps for the ball. CP3 grabs Bridges in the air to foul him to prevent him getting the ball, Bridges goes through the foul, catches the ball, throws it up and in. Basket and-1. CP3 goes apeshit on the refs that the basket shouldn't count because he fouled him (on purpose of course) before he caught the ball. Refs agree, waive it off no shot, side out of bounds. So CP3, as the infringing party, not only gets the call but benefits from the foul despite the basket being made.

Hornets still manage tie it up at 90-90 with the ball and a few seconds left. Graham shoots as time expires, ball bounces twice on the rim. While the ball is still touching the rim and clock has expired, Ayton (I think, could have been George) pulls it off. Borrego screaming for a review for a goaltend that would have legitimately ended the game as a win for the Hornets, refs won't review it. Whether it was a goaltend or not, I don't know, but it was damn close and sure as hell close enough to look at given everything else they look at.

Go to OT, Hornets inbounding the ball to Rozier, one of the Suns gets his hand over and knocks it out of bounds, clear call. CP3 starts yelling "review! it went off his foot! it went off his foot!", presumably alluding to Rozier's foot. No challenge by the Suns, just CP3 yelling it. Refs of course oblige, giving the Suns a free TO, to go look at the play which wasn't within 2 feet of anyone's foot. So Borrego can't get a review on a legitimate game-deciding play that was extremely close, but CP3 can get a ridiculous review of a relatively meaningless OOB call that was not remotely close to what he claimed happened? The double standard is bullshit in a league that has ben trying for years to get actual competitive balance instead of 2 or 3 teams head and shoulders above the rest every year. Going into games knowing that certain players and coaches are going to get the benefit of the doubt on virtually every call is a joke.

lol

but for real:

the rules state a player can’t get a shooting foul if they aren’t in possession of the ball.

the rules state a no-call on goaltending (and many other no-calls) can’t be reviewed

the rules state out of bounds calls in the last two minutes of the games can be reviewed

Dang CP3 played 38+ min and only had 1 assist? Surprising

but for real:

the rules state a player can’t get a shooting foul if they aren’t in possession of the ball.

the rules state a no-call on goaltending (and many other no-calls) can’t be reviewed

the rules state out of bounds calls in the last two minutes of the games can be reviewed

1. Really? Because the refs call shooting fouls when a player is not in possession of the ball multiple times every single game. Every time they call a foul on the follow-through on a jumper, it is a shooting foul when the player was not in possession of the ball - the ball was gone and the actual shot was not affected. Similarly, every time they call the "space to land" foul, it is a shooting foul when the player was not in possession of the ball - the ball was even longer gone and the shot was not affected. Yet both are shooting fouls, theoretically because the offensive player is still in the act of shooting, looking at the rim and not what is around him, so they are (again, theoretically) trying to protect him from getting hit or hurt. How is that any different at all from an offensive player going up for a lob who is looking at both the ball and the rim getting grabbed or checked out of bounds? He is even more in the act of shooting than the player on the follow-through or the space to land, and the shot was affected more than either of the other two. You are telling me that the same play that would potentially be targeting in CFB or a personal foul in the NFL for a hit on a defenseless receiver is not even a shooting foul under NBA ticky-tack officiating? Bullshit.

2. The refs can most certainly review a goaltend if they call it, which is my point. It was literally a game-deciding goaltend, you make that call and then review it to make sure you got it right. You don't think that if CP3 was the shooter and Biyombo swept the ball off the rim, they wouldn't have called the goaltend and then gone to review? CP3 would have had an aneurysm in that situation.

3. And of course, yes the OOB call can be reviewed in the last 2 minutes of the game or OT. When it is a close call. Not simply because an elder statesman of the league is yelling about something that is not even remotely true that he just made up to get another timeout. Which again is my point. The refs are there to dictate a fair outcome of the game to both sides, not pander to the whims of certain players.

Here is the foul that they determined was a non-shooting foul after CP3's bitch ass whined. Clearly he is in the act of shooting when fouled.

Last edited:
the ball is still like two feet away from Bridges when cp3 makes contact

Bridges was in the act of catching a pass. C’mon 2&2.

So continuation no longer exists in the NBA? What else was he doing if not jumping up to shoot the ball being lobbed for him? Jumping for the hell of it? If that is the act of catching a pass and not shooting, then the "room to land" rule is the act of landing and not shooting. Or any time a shooter is fouled before he lets go of the ball he isn't shooting.

As background, this is what Bridges had been doing to Suns all afternoon until that point. He was not coming back down before he shot the ball. CP3 should not be able to benefit from the foul by hitting him while he is in the air going for the shot, which he did in fact shoot and make. It is continuation of the shooting act before putting, not only the ball, but either of his feet on the ground.

lotta weird contradictory threads and thoughts in that list of questions there

but it seems pretty simple that jumping to catch a lob is not an act of shooting the basketball sorry dude

Gorgui Dieng puts up good numbers when he gets starter minutes.

So does the Manimal, Kenneth Faried (unsigned).

Spurs just signed Dieng.

Gorgui Dieng puts up good numbers when he gets starter minutes.

So does the Manimal, Kenneth Faried (unsigned).

Spurs just signed Dieng.

I'm happy with the signing and I think he's a better fit than LMA. I just hate the ridiculous process by which teams are buying out good players so they can go elsewhere for cheap.

By the way, I don't think I posted the final word from the Marquess Chriss "trade." The Spurs were the only team that had a free roster spot to help out the Warriors. The "trade" was Chriss and cash for the draft rights to a Spurs 2015 second round pick who never made it in the NBA has is playing in South Korea. Poor Dejounte Murray actually thought his former UW teammate was going to be on the team instead of just the Dubs owner trying to avoid the luxury tax on an injured player.

As background, this is what Bridges had been doing to Suns all afternoon until that point. He was not coming back down before he shot the ball. CP3 should not be able to benefit from the foul by hitting him while he is in the air going for the shot, which he did in fact shoot and make. It is continuation of the shooting act before putting, not only the ball, but either of his feet on the ground.

i have nothing to add except that court is atrocious. yikes.

I just heard Stephen A say that the Lakers were a lock to win it cause they got Drummond who's about to be coached by Lionel Hollins and them boys and I couldn't be happier.

That's what a Star would do.

Back