• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

goofy ass danny green shoots 42% on over six 3pfga per game

has his D dropped off that much?

If the Sixers win the championship, where does Danny Green belong on the pantheon of role players? He'd have three straight championships for three different teams all after turning 32 and four championships in 8 seasons.

Would that put him up there with Big Shot Bob and Steve Kerr?

man pretty nuts game. this might be common knowledge since i've read about simmons + embiid not playing well together, but i get the feeling the 'xers are less than the sum of their parts (e.g. adding back in the injured players might not be as impactful as you'd think). based on very limited sample size, feels like thybulle should play over goofy ass danny green. (though i guess both him and simmons on the court would make it tough to operate in the lane?) separately, not feeling bullish about the suns chances to go deep in the playoffs. also just feels like cp is gonna hurt himself going all out at 35+ minutes per game.

eh the sixers best starting five (green, harris, curry, embiid, simmons) only has 24 games together, but (minimum 10 games) is 7th in the league in def rtg, 6th in net rating, 8th in pace, 4th in TS%, 2nd in PIE (player impact estimate). that lineup is 20-4 in those games.

you'd have a hard time finding another starting 5, apart from maybe one in utah, that has that kinda stats.

didn't realize how injured they've been, i'm prob just underrating how good they are at full squad.

suns are weird, it seems like they keep underperforming against bad / injured teams and have also generally struggled in close games / closing games out, yet they keep winning.

i do think that curry and green are too inconsistent for this sixer team to be the favorites in any year, and the role players on this team (korkmaz, thybulle, howard, hill, milton) don't exactly inspire a ton of confidence.

If the Sixers win the championship, where does Danny Green belong on the pantheon of role players? He'd have three straight championships for three different teams all after turning 32 and four championships in 8 seasons.

Would that put him up there with Big Shot Bob and Steve Kerr?

just looked it up, he'd also be the first to win a title with four different teams. you'd have to put him above those guys since he was a starter for all of those teams

his defense can be very good because of his length and big hands, but he has definitely lost a step in his footwork, and can lose faster guards

his defense can be very good because of his length and big hands, but he has definitely lost a step in his footwork, and can lose faster guards

Sure, but who doesn't. Of all the impossible things to do in the NBA, containing these young quick backcourts is pretty high up on the list.

Sure, but who doesn't. Of all the impossible things to do in the NBA, containing these young quick backcourts is pretty high up on the list.

it's only noticeable because the sixers more or less have elite defenders at every position, so most games the halfcourt defense is completely stifling, but teams with elite backcourts can just carve up the sixers.

who does Brooklyn use to guard Embiid?

DAJ? he's only averaging 22 mpg

I really like Claxton, but Embiid has like 75 pounds on him

Like to the extent the Nets are going to guard anybody in the playoffs?

The Nets' top priority is staying healthy and after that scoring 130 a game. Then comes defense. They're probably better off just putting DAJ and Claxton on him and letting him get his while forcing everyone else to work. I don't think Embiid can carry the Sixers through a seven game series that's going to require that many points.

Nobody stops Embiid on the Nets really, their doubles have sucked on him this season. Sixers took 2 of 3 this season against them. I like the Sixers in a full strength series against the Nets. Sixers D is so much better than Nets.

Honestly dislike the matchups against the Hawks and Knicks a lot worse out of the East

Sixers a little slow out of the gate vs. the Bucks.

Yea end of a very tough stretch right now, 7 straight televised games in 15 days, getting to see the best and worst of the 6ers

Mavs, Nets, Clips, Warriors, Suns, Bucks, Bucks

Love it when a team shoots 66% against me in a half

If it makes you feel better, the Suns are hurting too. Down 15 to the Celtics at the half.

Actually, that probably doesn't make you feel better.

Chuck is talking about the importance of the 1 seed in the East to avoid having two play the other two of the Nets, Sixers, and Bucks. But the #1 seed is extremely important for the Nets. Most likely they avoid the Celtics and Heat. Then if the Knicks stay in the 4 or 5 spot and win, the Nets wouldn't have to travel at all before hosting the ECF.

Last edited:
This game has been out of hand from the start

Love it when the whole team is shooting 60% against you

Strange fact. Duncan Robinson is two years older than Justise Winslow.

Back