• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

My only problem with Chris Paul is he flops more than Neymar.

Duncan is such a hallowed soul among WF fans that the Spurs have become an adopted fave team (even after Dunc retired) among Deacs. While not on the same level, seems like JC is universally adored here.

Odd to me that CP3 doesn't get anything close to the same love among WF fans. CP3 has underscored his WF connection more than any Deac NBA baller. Seems like he's been the most involved in staying connected to the program and assisting with recruiting. He's also a W-S native. CP3's love for WF is palpable and enduring.

Is the disparate treatment for CP3 among WF fans attributable to his leaving WF after his sophomore year (which in retrospect was clearly the right move; he was the NBA rookie of the year in 2005-6)? Is it something else? Don't get why CP3 lacks the same adoration among the WF fanbase.

Obviously Duncan set the bar unreachably high, but CP3 flops, whines, complains, takes cheap shots, and generally is not someone who you'd want to play basketball with. He has shown that the nut punch was not an aberration but who he is. He may have gone to Wake, but he plays like he went to Duke. It is tough to really be a fan of a player like that, no matter how good he is or where he went to school.

I'd have Stockton higher and Kidd lower, but that's a reasonable list. And to respond to Milhouse, I'd have Thomas in the 8-10 range on that list. There were good reasons Stockton was on the the dream team and Thomas wasn't.

Yeah, Jordan didn't want Thomas on the team.

Nash also on the edge of that list.

2&2 huge fan of the Ball spawn but finds CP3 to be too obnoxious

Yeah, Jordan didn't want Thomas on the team.

Nash also on the edge of that list.

Yeah, both Thomas and Nash in the 8-10 range. The tough 1 on that list for me is Cousy. Never saw him play, and those 60s Celtics were absolutely loaded.

I need a minutes projection and efficiency projections on what Stockton, Thomas and Kidd would have done on this year's Suns team, instead of Chris.

Obviously Duncan set the bar unreachably high, but CP3 flops, whines, complains, takes cheap shots, and generally is not someone who you'd want to play basketball against. He has shown that the nut punch was not an aberration but who he is. He may have gone to Wake, but he plays like he went to Duke. It is tough to really be a fan of a player like that, no matter how good he is or where he went to school.

He's number 1 in my book, but Duncan was before my time. My only guess is that his Wake team was eliminated in such horrifying fashion followed by his immediate (and absolutely correct) departure that Wake fans are still traumatized by the experience.

There is a lot of revisionist history around Paul's departure and the fanbase's reaction to it. No one has ever questioned whether he was ready or should have left - he proved he was ready during that sophomore season. The problem everyone had was how it played out. Paul had made public statements leading people to believe he would stay at least 3 years and either graduate or get close to it before leaving - talking about how education was important to his family, etc. With the whole story about his grandfather's death and everything - he convinced people that he was different. Then he left and it turned out he wasn't really different - which would have been fine if it hadn't surprised everyone. I don't think people were upset at JJ or Teague leaving after 2 years - they made it obvious that was expected.

And, with Paul, it was obvious that the coaching staff believed he was staying at least one more year by looking at their recruiting efforts. So, his leaving did take everyone by surprise, even though it was clearly the right thing for him.

Official 2020-21 NBA Playoffs - CP3 in the Finals vs. Collins or Teague

good god. isiah was better than nash, kidd, stockton and CP.

Better than Nash and Kidd? Yeah. Better than Stockton and CP? No.

scooter84 summed it up. The signs were clear when CP whipped out his phone during a team meal to talk to Jordan in that episode of The Season. But he was The Mayor and convinced us he was staying.

feel like Stockton is pretty underrated

his assist and steals totals won't be touched in my lifetime, I don't think and his turnover rate is very low given how much he had the ball in his hands

I guess the knock on Stockton is his peak was never super high -- only two first team All-NBAs, never first team all-defense

oof, wiki says he's a covid truther, so maybe he'll shoot up 2&2's list

His “peak” was low because he was underrated. Also because of Jordan.

Some context to his All-NBA honors. Stockton's two 1st team All-NBAs came in '94 and '95 when Jordan was out of the league. The other guards were Spree and Penny. Here are the guards who were first team with Jordan during Stockton's peak from 1988-89 to 1996-97: Magic (3), Clyde, Price, Penny, Tim Hardaway.

I feel like if those same Jazz teams played today, Stockton would get a lot more credit because it’s a PG dominant era and the PF position is kind of a throwaway. But back then, Malone got most of the credit.

Not so fun fact, Stockton in 1996 was the last white player on Team USA men’s basketball until Kevin Love. Love is also the last white American player since Stockton to make 3+ All-Star teams.

Last edited:
95% of Wake fans only have good things to say about CP3. No use magnifying what the other 5% say and projecting that onto the whole fanbase.

CP3 is being way under estimated here. Advanced stats have him like a top 5 player of all time. This nonsense that Isiah , Cousy, Nash or Kidd are better is just silly. The main difference is his turnover rate. Dude went for 41 pts and 0 turnovers last night. For his career, 2.4 TO PG, Isiah is at 3.8. Isiah and Nash were around 3.7 for much of their prime. For how much Chris has the ball in his hands, that's just an absurd stat that nets his team an extra 2-3 points every game he's ever played in, in a league where if you beat your opponent by an average of 6 per game you've got a title shot.

Last edited:
CP3 is being way under estimated here. Advanced stats have him like a top 5 player of all time. This nonsense that Isiah , Cousy, Nash or Kidd are better is just silly. The main difference is his turnover rate. Dude went for 41 pts and 0 turnovers last night. For his career, 2.4 TO PG, Isiah is at 3.8. Isiah and Nash were around 3.7 for much of their prime. For how much Chris has the ball in his hands, that's just an absurd stat that nets his team an extra 2-3 points every game he's ever played in, in a league where if you beat your opponent by an average of 6 per game you've got a title shot.

[shaq]how many ringz does he have then[/shaq]

95% of Wake fans only have good things to say about CP3. No use magnifying what the other 5% say and projecting that onto the whole fanbase.

5% is high. CP3 has been a great representative of the Wake Forest and I don't know anyone who's not proud of him and happy for him. We were all a little disappointed when he left, because the team we thought was coming back seemed to be poised and loaded. Also agree with those who said TD set a bar that's unreachable. TD is a 1 of 1 in the somewhat modern era of college basketball. (yeah, I know... i'm getting old and mid-90s was a while ago..)

Back