• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

I'm surprised that last night was his first triple double.

Another odd one. 15 seasons, nearly 10,000 points.

Who's your most obscure American President? George Bush, John Adams?

When's the last time you thought about Grant Long ? He hasn't played since 2003.

RJ listed Robert Horry and World B. Free FFS.

I'll give you one - Kenny Green

Maybe the least productive NBA lottery pick in NBA history outside Lenny Bias.

12th overall pick and barely lasted 2 years. 60 total games, 625 total NBA minutes in his entire NBA career. Did manage 265 points in those 625 minutes so obviously buckets was not his issue. Everything else was.

Free was on the fucking cover of Sports Illustrated. I still remember reading the story.

s-l1600.jpg

When's the last time you thought about Grant Long ? He hasn't played since 2003.

Grant Long's 15 years is probably the 15 years in which I followed the NBA the most in my life from 12 to 27 and I barely remember him. Played over 1000 games and started over 2/3 of them. Double digit scorer in his early career. Played on some good enough but not very good to great teams. But I doubt many fans have thought about him in years.

Yeah, I agree both of those are fucking stupid too. Even stupider than Grant Long - which is also stupid.

Every center that started for Seattle during the Gary Payton era would be good one too. Those not named Sam Perkins anyway who never really started so far as I remember. Someone already mentioned Earvin Johnson, but they started a guy named Jim McIlvaine for two seasons and I think the guy scored 2 or 3 pts a game. And he started in the NBA. For two years. Steve Scheffler is another one.

Then there was the guy in Minnesota that crashed his car while masturbating. That really happened. The guy later drove onto train tracks and was killed - I think it was suicide though and not a second masturbation accident.

Last edited:
Grant Long's 15 years is probably the 15 years in which I followed the NBA the most in my life from 12 to 27 and I barely remember him. Played over 1000 games and started over 2/3 of them. Double digit scorer in his early career. Played on some good enough but not very good to great teams. But I doubt many fans have thought about him in years.

He wore Kareem Adbul Jabbar goggles and he was involved the infamous Miami Heat - Atlanta Hawks fight which became ackward when those teams swapped guys who were involved in the fight ...

I'll give you one - Kenny Green

Maybe the least productive NBA lottery pick in NBA history outside Lenny Bias.

12th overall pick and barely lasted 2 years. 60 total games, 625 total NBA minutes in his entire NBA career. Did manage 265 points in those 625 minutes so obviously buckets was not his issue. Everything else was.

How about these lottery picks:

Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Jonathan Bender
Tony Battle

Yeah, I agree both of those are fucking stupid too. Even stupider than Grant Long - which is also stupid.

Every center that started for Seattle during the Gary Payton era would be good one too. Those not named Sam Perkins anyway who never really started so far as I remember. Someone already mentioned Earvin Johnson, but they started a guy named Jim McIlvaine for two seasons and I think the guy scored 2 or 3 pts a game. And he started in the NBA. For two years. Steve Scheffler is another one.

Then there was the guy in Minnesota that crashed his car while masturbating. That really happened. The guy later drove onto train tracks and was killed - I think it was suicide though and not a second masturbation accident.

Scheffler was my MOST obscure pick. Scheff was supposedly the best horse player on those teams. And yeah, you could make an entire list of obscure Sonic centers that played with Gary Payton. Look at this trash.

Benoit Benjamin
Calvin Booth...I think only one season with GP
Michael Cage-I really liked Cage, all he did was rebound and play good defense. He also had the best jheri curl on the team.
Ervin Johnson
Rich King
Jerome James
Jelani McCoy
Jim McIlvane
Olumide Oyedeji: This was in a stretch where they just kept drafting shitty centers to save money,
Sam Perkins: He was good
Johan Petro: Hated this pick
Olden Polynice: traded Scottie Pippen for him
Robert Swift: Same stretch of picking lousy centers, but this one was from the United States, disappeared with a drug problem.
George Zidek

Eddie Griffin. I'll keep the Seton Hall train rolling and go with Luther Wright and Terry Dehere.

Stromile Swift
Chris Mihm
Vonteego Cummings

Back