• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

How about these lottery picks:

Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Jonathan Bender
Tony Battle

None of them compare, actually:

Tony Battie (not battle), was an underachieving 5th overall pick, but did play for 14 seasons and 800 + games, scoring over 5000 pts
Jonathan Bender, was a straight from high school player who lost 4 seasons to injury. Still, he played in 262 games across 8 seasons and scored almost 1500 pts.
Nikoloz Tskitishvili is closest to Kenny Green implosion. ALSO a 5th overall pick, he played 172 games across 4 seasons and had just over 500 pts.

Kenny Green, 12 overall pick, 60 total games, barely 2 seasons (he was cut in his 2nd season) and 265 pts.

To add insult to injury, he didn't even score a huge contract to live off of - preceding the modern era by a season or two, Kenny Green made $262,000 playing in the NBA despite being a lottery pick. Crazy.

Vitaly Potempko
Tractor Traylor
Pat Garrity (and Billy the Kid)

BTW, as some of you on here know - I ran into Kenny Green in a frat brother's dorm room one morning in 1985 I think getting stoned out of his fucking mind. Not a huge deal - EXCEPT - we were playing UNC in Greensboro in a nationally televised game (I think) that afternoon. I think it was 4 or 5 hours before tipoff.

He was unstoppable that game (when we got him the ball) and shot something insane like 10-12 from the field, mostly on turnaround baseline jumpers. Why we didn't keep feeding him I'll never know. Ask Delaney Rudd.

Last edited:
IMO, the worst and most obscure 10,000 point NBA player is John Starks. He was an undrafted NBA player that managed to make the Knicks after 3 training camps and was fantastic for 3 or 4 years and then had stretches where he was good over the next 10 years. Shot 41% from the field FOR HIS CAREER and had an NBA Finals close out game loss vs. the Rockets in which he shot 2-18. Yes, 2-18.

John Starks isn’t obscure. Everybody fan from that era knows John Starks.

I remember Jim McIlvane only because he signed what was at the time a ridiculous contract and the NICS were lampooned over it for the next couple years.

John Starks isn’t obscure. Everybody fan from that era knows John Starks.

terrible player though. He had one highlight against Michael Jordan that made his career. You couldn't stay in the NBA 3 years these days shooting 41% from the field. There are players who hit that from the 3-point line. He was awful.

I remember Jim McIlvane only because he signed what was at the time a ridiculous contract and the NICS were lampooned over it for the next couple years.

LOL just looked up his stats. He signed a 7(!!) year deal after averaging 2 ppg as a backup for Gheorghe Muresean. That dudes agent belongs in the HOF.

Ramon Sessions
Trenton Hassell
Primoz Brezec
Felton Spencer

Starks was a product of his time. No question. But he was a tough guard who was a valuable player on good teams. And he was definitely not obscure.

Starks was a product of his time. No question. But he was a tough guard who was a valuable player on good teams. And he was definitely not obscure.

I suppose so. He's an oddity - a shooting guard who couldn't shoot.

And it drove Shawn Kemp crazy and to every buffet in the nation.

Official 2019-20 NBA Season: RIP Kobe

I suppose so. He's an oddity - a shooting guard who couldn't shoot.

For that era? Not really. Those good Knicks teams were about toughness not hitting efficient three pointers. The game has changed so much. Guys like Mason and Oakley would be forced to develop a reliable three point shot nowadays.

And in that era, SGs needed to be able to defend Jordan by being physical and be able to chase Miller around the court.

Last edited:
i mean i guess that's fair

not really sure what the metrics for "obscure" are beyond ppl don't talk about them much

Back