• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

I blame kawhi's uncle.

That dude messed everything up. Fitting that the Spurs run ends with a asterisk.

Man, they just showed a Kings fan dad and his little girl crying her eyes out after they announced the game was cancelled. She had her cheerleader outfit on and ready to go. I felt so bad.

I can’t remember a night of sports anything like this. All in a matter of hours.

That dude messed everything up. Fitting that the Spurs run ends with a asterisk.

Man, they just showed a Kings fan dad and his little girl crying her eyes out after they announced the game was cancelled. She had her cheerleader outfit on and ready to go. I felt so bad.

I can’t remember a night of sports anything like this. All in a matter of hours.

That was so sad, and I was just thinking, hug your daughter dude! He sort of looked like he was in shock.

Yeah. I couldn't blame him. He may have just found out everything all at once. I'm in shock and I'm following it as it happens.

Word is Pelicans-Kings was cancelled because a ref in that game worked Raptors-Jazz on Monday.

League-wide testing seems imminent.

I haven't been a Mark Cuban fan for a while, but tonight I have to give him big props. He said he's going to work Mav and arena employees to make sure the hourly workers continue to get paid during the suspension of play. This is a very good thing to do.

Bravo!

Vince Carter got back into the game vs. the Knicks and hit a 3 at the end of the game. Could be his last NBA bucket.

Vince Carter got back into the game vs. the Knicks and hit a 3 at the end of the game. Could be his last NBA bucket.

That was awesome.

I wonder if Rudy Gobert has any expectations of privacy given HIPAA? I mean the whole league is shutting down because of his illness. Of course he was foolish in touching all the microphones in a misguided attempt to show he wouldn't get sick. And I am sure it eventually could have been deduced who the sick NBA player was anyway.

And I don't know how HIPAA pertains to injury reports etc.

That was awesome.

I wonder if Rudy Gobert has any expectations of privacy given HIPAA? I mean the whole league is shutting down because of his illness. Of course he was foolish in touching all the microphones in a misguided attempt to show he wouldn't get sick. And I am sure it eventually could have been deduced who the sick NBA player was anyway.

I think there are also public health exceptions, such that in a public health emergency identifying individuals with certain illnesses may become necessary to coordinate effective responses and fully inform the public.

That was awesome.

Gobert's bigger concern should be whether he gets sued for negligence and/or reckless endangerment by any of those reporters whose devices he grabbed if any of them comes down with it.

Gobert's bigger concern should be whether he gets sued for negligence and/or reckless endangerment by any of those reporters whose devices he grabbed if any of them comes down with it.

Gobert had to have been infected well before the game. He did something really stupid by touching all that stuff. He was probably already symptomatic, just not in ways that were obvious.

Gobert is an idiot who is properly getting dragged over the Internet, but doesn’t the virus travel through the air? I don’t moonlight as an infectious disease expert like much (most) of Twitter so I’ve come to the boards for clarity.

They tested 58 Jazz players and personnel and Mitchell was the only other positive test. So I guess that's a relief.

Gobert is an idiot who is properly getting dragged over the Internet, but doesn’t the virus travel through the air? I don’t moonlight as an infectious disease expert like much (most) of Twitter so I’ve come to the boards for clarity.
It uses bodily fluids as a transmission vector as well. In fact, that's the likeliest way it was able to move to humans in the first place. Contact with infected animal tissue and fluids through the butchering of bush meat at the Wuhan wet market.

I was talking this thru with a friend in my fabled fantasy league (which has been turned upside down).

And think about this - the NBA is obviously trying to figure a way to seed the playoffs with today's seeding and go forward with the playoffs in April. The only playoff spot arguably up for grabs is the #8 seed in the West and Memphis is a comfortable few games ahead of everyone. However, they had a tough schedule to finish the season and 538.com projected the Pelicans slipping in there and winning the #8 seed.

Anyway, the playoffs happening is totally contingent on nobody in the NBA getting infected between April 4th and April 18th (the scheduled start date of the playoffs) - that is a huge Fiing IF, is it not?

Fantasy wise, we are thinking about either taking the roster today and each player's averages over the last 30 days and playing that forward thru the last two weeks and then the playoffs. However, it is flawed because someone, say, holding Aaron Baynes is going to be effected weirdly, or what if you picked up Winslow for Memphis two days ago on the assumption he is going to start playing SF for Memphis ... We landed on taking the average totals of each team since the NBA trade-deadline - the last 5 or 6 weeks and running that against scheduled opponents, seeding the playoffs, and then comparing those same averages. For those teams with a lot of add/drops left (we have a max for the season of 80), give them a % boost against teams without all of the add/drops available ...

Back