• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Most people know they're not going to die. They just try not to not help kill about 10 million others.

I'm still getting used to serious palma.

I'm still getting used to serious palma.

Been smoking for 20 years and have a bit of a cough. Is that a serious respitory illness? I have NFI, but haven't had a smoke in 3 days, this shit's the best quitting aide on the market.

Rudy Gobert may be a hero now. The NBA will stop drug testing players during the hiatus.

Somebody (Spencer Dinwiddie maybe?) proposed a solution to a shortened NBA season and loss of the NCAA tournament. When the NBA comes back, go straight to a 28-team NBA tournament seeded by current standings. Lowest few teams play 1-game play-in games. Top 4 seeds get a bye. First round Best of 3, then Best of 5, then Best of 7 at the end. That would probably break all NCAA and NBA playoff and gambling ratings.

There's speculation that the current hiatus may push the end of the playoffs into August, which then may require a late start (Decemberish) to next season. The Hawks owner had already proposed moving the NBA season to a December to August time frame. I guess the public would get used to that, but a late-Summer end to the NBA season would be odd.

There's speculation that the current hiatus may push the end of the playoffs into August, which then may require a late start (Decemberish) to next season. The Hawks owner had already proposed moving the NBA season to a December to August time frame. I guess the public would get used to that, but a late-Summer end to the NBA season would be odd.

people are gonna be sports-starved

dig the NBA tournament idea -- if any pro league can pull off something creative, it's the NBA

Somebody (Spencer Dinwiddie maybe?) proposed a solution to a shortened NBA season and loss of the NCAA tournament. When the NBA comes back, go straight to a 28-team NBA tournament seeded by current standings. Lowest few teams play 1-game play-in games. Top 4 seeds get a bye. First round Best of 3, then Best of 5, then Best of 7 at the end. That would probably break all NCAA and NBA playoff and gambling ratings.

It's a fun idea, but largely unnecessary because the Top 8 in each Conference are basically locked in.

Last weekend during Lakers-Clippers (seems like ages ago), a friend and I came up with a great plan based on that proposal. Start the NBA season on Thanksgiving Friday and end it on Memorial Day. There are a lot more details in there like doing All-Star weekend the weekend after the Final Four and some cool adjustments to G-League, the draft, and summer league timing. I want to take the time to write it all up because it was a really good idea that could improve the league. It's crazy that all of a sudden, it's something that could actually happen.

Sweet. Hornets can be a playoff team and a lottery winner.

MJ showing what a cheap, classless bastard he is by announcing he's going to create a "fund" to get donations to cover earnings for the 500 part-time and hourly Hornet employees. Write the fucking check like Cuban is doing! Stop being such a cheap bastard.

Zion has done everything correctly and under a lot of pressure. I hope he doesn't change.

Marcus Smart and two Lakers players have tested positive.

If it's Lebron and AD, coronavirus could win the championship.

Three Sixers players tested positive. NBA had at one point last week used 1% of the tests that had been administered in America.

Back