• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I think its more fans of logic that Wake grads take pride in

Meh. Doc cant be blamed for injuries but he can be blamed for everything else Strick listed. And ultimately when Doc is done and people look back on him as a coach they will judge him by his win total, championships, his longevity, and the fact that he blew multiple 3-1 leads.

It also being reported that its extremely unlikely that Nurse will end up taking the job.

Lotta Doc Rivers fans on this thread lol

Have fun with that
Nah, I couldn't care less about Doc. I just think you vastly overrate the impact coaches make in the playoffs. Ty Lue and Doc Rivers are like the 47th and 48th most impactful things in these playoffs.

Nah, I couldn't care less about Doc. I just think you vastly overrate the impact coaches make in the playoffs. Ty Lue and Doc Rivers are like the 47th and 48th most impactful things in these playoffs.

do they not teach y'all how to read at wake ?

Meh. Doc cant be blamed for injuries but he can be blamed for everything else Strick listed. And ultimately when Doc is done and people look back on him as a coach they will judge him by his win total, championships, his longevity, and the fact that he blew multiple 3-1 leads.

exactly

Doc discourse is my least favorite NBA talk behind Jordan/Lebron discourse

i mean, i just wanted to say how cool it was that my team somehow managed to finish above .500 this year and that i love the coach, and then I got Ph'd and plama'd

I guess that one is on me.

What do you want to talk about, Kory and Juice?

CP dropped like 30/11 in Game 6 what are you even talking about

This is a dumb argument.

I know like three people who actually like Doc Rivers and they're all on this board. Y'all should stan him when he jumps to the Lakers after blowing another 3-1 lead in a couple weeks !

Only one coach in NBA history has blown three 3-1 playoff series leads. That's definitely everybody else's fault but Doc's. Definitely.

(Oh, and the next season after we fired the schmuck, Ty Lue took the same roster to the Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history and still managed to fight Phoenix into a 3-2 despite losing Kawhi to an ACL tear.)

So counting stats are all that matters 30/11? Having your best defender limited in his movement might have had something to do with the inability to play defense the rest of the series.

Your 3-1 blown lead take is like criticizing Popovich for being high up in the all time coaching losses record books. Doc would be a better coach in your opinion if his team of Tracy McGrady, Drew Gooden, Gordon Giricek Pat Garrity and Darrell Armstrong had gotten swept by the 2 time champion Detroit Pistons (less Sheed), instead of beating them 3 times.

John Wall and Brad Beal were my secret sauce. I'm not sure how I can handle neither of them being in it this year.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Clippers fan play-in: Strick vs. palma

Can’t really go wrong with Poole or Herro.

Gentry gone. He was Walton’s interim.

Strickland's argument is:

"I'm blaming Doc for blowing a 3-1 lead in the 2015 semis against the Rockets and 2020 semis against the Nugs. I'm blaming him for throwing his players under the bus for those losses, which did a lot to compromise any sense of chemistry."

The "he blew 3-1 leads and threw his players under the bus" is really not an argument. There's no detail whatsoever of how anything Doc did affected those games. That's not an argument. It's just blanket-statement blah. I'm just always gonna veer way, way towards injuries and the players for influencing games (you know, the ones who are actually on the court playing the game).

Coach Bud went from fired after the second round to NBA champion last year (and favorite to come out of the East this year). Pop hasn't won a playoff series since Kawhi 5 years ago. I just think NBA coaching is pretty overrated in its impact and really just uninteresting to talk about.

It's the age-old players vs. coaches argument, and Strickland and I very much disagree. And we can agree to disagree.

OK, that'll be my last post on the subject. Sorry.

What would the big board of the playoff scoring contest look like?

1. Booker
2. Giannis
3. Durant
4. CP3
5. Embiid
6. Tatum
7. Steph
8. Luka
9. Middleton
10. Ja

Don't feel great about it. So much hinges on the Celtics-Nets series. KD, Kyrie, and Tatum are probably 3 of the 5 best scorers in the playoffs, but that series feels like a 50-50 coin flip.

Back