• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I am more excited for these playoffs than I have in a long time.

I dont feel like any team in any conference has an easy road, starting in round 1. Will be lots of amazing matchups and potential matchups. Should be lots of fun

I dont feel like any team in any conference has an easy road, starting in round 1. Will be lots of amazing matchups and potential matchups. Should be lots of fun

I'm sure injuries will derail that quickly enough

Lue has already run circles around Doc as a coach

Sure but if two years of Lue gets a statue, what does seven winning seasons under Doc get? Not to mention Vinny Del Negro getting the first two winning seasons of that run.

Sure but if two years of Lue gets a statue, what does seven winning seasons under Doc get? Not to mention Vinny Del Negro getting the first two winning seasons of that run.

Ph I think you misunderstood his original post

If Luca is hurt, Dallas is hosed, and at that point, PHX has a pretty easy road to the WCF (feel like PHX still doesn't get full respect; as crazy as this now seems, if the Lakers had won 64 games this year and dominated the way PHX has, the conventional wisdom would be that the Lakers would cruise to a title. PHX does it, and people see scenarios where they get knocked out).

The team that intrigues me is Memphis. Everyone doubts them, but they keep kicking arse. Not sure how they feel about Memphis in the NBA offices in New York. Ja may at some point become the face of the NBA, but there are a lot of sports fans that could not name a single player on Memphis outside of Ja; many don't even know him. Not sure how the NBA would feel about a Miami/Memphis or even a Milwaukee/Memphis championship final.

Last edited:
I was surprised to learn in a recent profile that the Memphis owner is the third wealthiest in the NBA

Think Phoenix should be rooting hard for LAC to beat the Wolves in the play-in game so that LAC snags the 7 seed and the Suns don't have to deal with a Clipper team with both Paul George and Norm Powell back in the lineup.

The NBA can hype any matchup. Grizz-Bucks would be easy. Giannis vs. Ja would be the two freakiest athletes in a league full of freak athletes. Both are likable guys on likable teams who play hard with rather nondescript coaches.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Play-in Time

Probably should add statues of Chris Paul and Doc Rivers too.

Saw that he’s the only player to lead in total points and assists in college and the NBA.

The Hawks need to consolidate their talent in the offseason to get a second All-Star level player. Depth is nice but they always seem to have somebody injured.

Blowing two 3-1 playoffs leads and kneecapping my favorite player’s career in his prime is definitely statue worthy. I agree.

Lue is special. Doc ain’t.

The NBA can hype any matchup. Grizz-Bucks would be easy. Giannis vs. Ja would be the two freakiest athletes in a league full of freak athletes. Both are likable guys on likable teams who play hard with rather nondescript coaches.

I would love it, but think that you are in too deep to get how little the country knows about or would care about Ja v. Freak. The Grizz may be the most anonymous non-NHL franchise in major North American Sports. Guarantee there would be concern on Madison Avenue if the NBA is counting on the Grizz to draw prime time ratings in June.

The beauty of a playoff is that it hypes itself over two months before the Finals. And again, the NBA can hype any matchup. The Milwaukee Bucks were probably the most anonymous non-NHL franchise in major North American Sports before Giannis made his ascension.

Looking forward to the Clippers and Sixers getting bounced so that we can maybe stop talking about Ty Lue and Doc Rivers every 2 seconds.

To be fair, that's just Strick's praise and Townie's dismay.

unverified reddit stat: Dirk has played in more NBA games than John Wall since 2017

True. Dirk played 77 games in 2017-18 and 51 games in 2018-19 for a total of 128. Wall played 41 games in 2017-18 and 32 games in 2018-19 and 40 in 2020-21 for a total of 113.

Back