• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Looks like Luka's team may advance to the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.... And he isn't playing. Ewing theory in full effect?

Man, Memphis is deep. Brandon Clarke is very good. Tyus Jones has developed into a solid player. Probably negatively slanted my opinion of him given his Duke background.

Here are the point totals for the last 2 picks so far:

PhDeac - 95 - Anunoby/Collins
Kory 87 - Theis/Barton
Palma 59 - Strus/Horford
Ayo 58 - Conley/Green
Townie 56 - Drummond/Russell
apetit 50 - Brown/Niang
bmoney 48 - Gordon/Barnes
Shoo 43 - Connaughton/Finney-Smith
Juice 29 - Kuminga/Valanciunas
Tejas 16 - White/Powell

Here is how I'd rate those picks going forward:
Palma 59 - Strus/Horford
Kory 87 - Theis/Barton
Ayo 58 - Conley/Green
apetit 50 - Brown/Niang
Tejas 16 - White/Powell

If I had taken Kleber instead of JC, I'd have 124 from the last two picks right now with Kleber likely to advance to the 2nd round.

Looks like Luka's team may advance to the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.... And he isn't playing. Ewing theory in full effect?

Man, Memphis is deep. Brandon Clarke is very good. Tyus Jones has developed into a solid player. Probably negatively slanted my opinion of him given his Duke background.

And Tre played well for the Spurs in Dejounte's absence down the stretch. He looks like he'll play a similar role for the Spurs that his big bro plays for the Grizz.

Here are the point totals for the last 2 picks so far:

Kory 87 - Theis/Barton
Palma 59 - Strus/Horford
Ayo 58 - Conley/Green
apetit 50 - Brown/Niang
Tejas 16 - White/Powell

Here is how I'd rate those picks going forward:
Palma 59 - Strus/Horford
Kory 87 - Theis/Barton
Ayo 58 - Conley/Green
apetit 50 - Brown/Niang
Tejas 16 - White/Powell

If I had taken Kleber instead of JC, I'd have 124 from the last two picks right now with Kleber likely to advance to the 2nd round.

oof, even worse is that my third-to-last pick (Melton) is putting up 0's

Borrego out in Charlotte. Wonder who MJ has in mind.

Really messed up taking Connaughton over Wes Matthews. But it's a problem that the Bucks have been playing Wes Matthews so much.

What the fuck? Why the hell would you get rid of Borrego? Did he sign Hayward and then refuse to find any center?

The organization is such a disaster. A consistent theme for Charlotte.

I hope Pop hires him to take Becky's spot.

What the fuck? Why the hell would you get rid of Borrego? Did he sign Hayward and then refuse to find any center?

The organization is such a disaster. A consistent theme for Charlotte.

Great at player development but poor at in-game adjustments and obviously defense. But yeah hopefully they have someone specific lined up and this isn't simply change for the sake of change, as they could certainly do a lot worse.

They improved by 10 wins each of the last two years, which would normally put them around the 6 seed. It isn't his fault that the West sucks ass and the East got significantly better than normal.

oh man robert williams might be coming back in the first round

in my head he was out the whole playoffs

D'Aantoni would be the guy to take advantage of the Hornets personnel. He likes to have one primary ball handler and that's Ball. We have athletes all across the roster and those guys should be running.

He has a reputation for offense and because of that it's assumed he's a bad defensive coach. Not true. With the Rockets - as as fast as they played - they never finished worse than 18th in defense. They finished 6th in 2017-18. Was 22nd in his winning season with the Knicks and in his 5 seasons in Phoenix they never finished worse than 17th in defense. All while pushing on the offensive end.

The Hornets were 27th in defense this season. If they were top 17 how good would they have been?

I think it sounds like Kupchak is going to retire. Probably a fresh start in Charlotte. I bet they put Buzz Peterson as GM. I know him and my gosh he is dumb.

Last edited:
i guess atkinson is supposed to be a huge asshole because he seemed to outperform his roster in brooklyn

it's who i wanted when the bulls went with donovan

Not to sound like DR, but Mike D'Antoni turns 71 in two weeks. He has coached some super-talented teams... who almost always disappointed in the playoffs. Really find it difficult to believe that at this stage of life, you are going to get the best out Mike D'Antoni, and further doubt that he would get the best out of the Hornets personnel.

Is it that hard to find an up and coming innovative coach to lead the Hornets?

Not to sound like DR, but Mike D'Antoni turns 71 in two weeks. He has coached some super-talented teams... who almost always disappointed in the playoffs. Really find it difficult to believe that at this stage of life, you are going to get the best out Mike D'Antoni, and further doubt that he would get the best out of the Hornets personnel.

Yeah, I'm only about half serious. Something in me wants to see what he would do with this group. I don't think there's any chance at all he will get the job. I did see it rumored pretty much everywhere that D'Antoni would be the guy if the Sixers fire Doc Rivers.

Last edited:

I know this is probably true of most professional sports, but I feel that unfortunately young and up and coming coaches only get opportunities on crappy franchises or perennial lottery teams. Then they get blackballed for shitty seasons that they shouldnt be held responsible for.

The one exception is former players, who often get a leg up over young assistants who have put in their time.

I hope some of this changes with some of the success of the young coaches we are seeing currently

Back