• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

3 week recovery time for back surgery? That sounds like some shit they made up.

There's been more national media coverage of Ben Simmons over the last year he hasn't played than there was during the whole time people thought he was good.

Simmons is probably getting a cortisone injection is his back. That guy is an all-time goldbricker. And basketball bricker

The Harden for Simmons trade had to be one of the most overrated trades in NBA history. Lose-lose..

the hate against Harden has made him underrated

he's not what he once was, but his passing is still elite and he's dropped his turnovers

the hate against Harden has made him underrated

he's not what he once was, but his passing is still elite and he's dropped his turnovers

teh take economy is highly inflated right now, we should raise the take interest rates until it all cools down

"76ers superstar center Joel Embiid is currently listed as out for Game 3 of Philadelphia's Eastern Conference semifinal against the MiamI Heat, but there is progress that could be made to change his availability in time to play Friday, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski."

if only there was a category for that

4 days ago

James Harden recorded the most assists in one game by a 76er this season, with 16. The nine next-highest: Harden (15), Harden (15), Harden (14), Harden (14), Harden (14), Harden (14), Harden (14), Seth Curry (12), and Harden (12). This is despite not playing a game as a 76er until February 25th.

Embiid was cleared and participated in the shoot-around this morning.

The points competition is great, as the heartbreak from watching Danny Green brick a wide open dunk hurts
This post got me curious about how many points are being lost due to injuries and these performances by these BUM subs. Just did a very, very rough estimate of points lost and threw a table in the Poster Aggregate Results tab if anyone wants to look at that:

(Injured Player Reg Season PPG * Games Missed) - (Sub Points Scored) for each injured player-sub player pair used.

So not taking into account things like for instance if Embiid played this whole series how'd that affect the Sixers' chances of winning the series and Embiid racking up more points next round, etc, etc (which is a pretty big blindspot obviously but don't have the time right now to start mixing in probabilities). Apetit taking the worst of it with the Middleton injury.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KSeCua0c-B9ylc5cyn0RjbV6ig/edit#gid=822089727

Y'all should have not picked injured prone guys like Townie, Tejas, and me.

damn clearly injuries are the reason i'm losing thank you for this empirical evidence

Not at all. Everyone but Barkley is replaceable, nuts they get paid that much.

Guess Ben Simmons back surgery recovery time is 3 weeks? What kinda back surgery is that? A really deep mole removal ?

There is a really good chance he never actually had back surgery. I don't even know why people talk about that guy anymore. He isn't a good basketball player and hasn't played in a year. He just wants to be paid to do nothing and be a "celebrity."

Not at all. Everyone but Barkley is replaceable, nuts they get paid that much.

Guess Ben Simmons back surgery recovery time is 3 weeks? What kinda back surgery is that? A really deep mole removal ?

"Recovery" in this context may be referring to the necessary healing from the cutting and stitching. Not the rehab and rebuild necessary before he could play basketball. For the latter, I heard 3-4 months. "He should b ready by the beginning of training camp in September. "

So one minute his camp was floating that he was ready to play and then a week later he has back surgery that will keep him out 3-4 months?

So one minute his camp was floating that he was ready to play and then a week later he has back surgery that will keep him out 3-4 months?

Yea this is the weird thing. Maybe the Nets were leaking the rumors that he was "close" to suiting up to try and pressure him to play?

Simmons camp has done an abysmal job describing Ben's situation.

Bret Brown, former 76ers coach, has said Simmons had back injuries since the 2019-2020 season. He previously had cortisone injections.

Details from The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/3294586/2022/05/04/ben-simmons-offseason-surgery?source=user-shared-article

His most recent episode was thought to be managed by various therapy and exercises. That regimen seemed to be effective and had him on course to playing. Supposedly the tightness/soreness/pain returned much worse the day before/day of game four and he didn't play.

Now it is reported he had "successful" microdiscectomy surgery. 3 weeks recovery from surgery. 3-4 months rehab to be be able to play basketball. We will see how rehab goes.

I just about have no doubt in my mind that Simmons hasn't been playing because he doesn't want to play. He has been in no hurry to get his back problems ironed out and I think they are minor. Everybody in the NBA plays with pain. He's scared to play and he let it go too long and now it's in his head that the whole world is watching him shoot the ball. He's a good defensive player and his offense is just a little bit of a novelty because he's 6'10". The Nets are absolutely nuts if they pay him. And that goes for Kyrie too - if they give Kyrie the max they have lost their minds. Kyrie needs to sign that 3 year $160MM deal that has been on the table like yesterday. He's not a winner and you can't count on that guy no matter how great his handle is.

Back