• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

the nets are already on the hook for quite a bit of paying ben

the nets are already on the hook for quite a bit of paying ben

Ben signed a 5 year fully guaranteed deal going through 2024-2025 season for about $35 million per. No option years. So Nets owe him around $105 million over the next three years.

Point being they need to try to get rid of that contract. That was absolutely imbecilic.

And don't even get me started on the Harden deal with the Sixers. Harden that has not opted in on his contract (I had it mistakenly in my head for some reason that it's Kyrie) and he better do that pronto. And if the Sixers - or anyone - pays him the max off of that they are nuts. He' falling apart. I just don't get many of the max deals.

Point being they need to try to get rid of that contract. That was absolutely imbecilic.

And don't even get me started on the Harden deal with the Sixers. Harden that has not opted in on his contract (I had it mistakenly in my head for some reason that it's Kyrie) and he better do that pronto. And if the Sixers - or anyone - pays him the max off of that they are nuts. He' falling apart. I just don't get many of the max deals.

The Athletic did a detailed breakdown of the Harden contract options.
https://theathletic.com/3296694/2022/05/06/james-harden-contract-option-max?source=user-shared-article

Philly’s ball movement without Harden is so painful to watch

Maxey and Harden don’t look like they like each other, but Maxey is 1000% better when Harden is out there. And he just had a few great plays.

Harden’s game has fallen off a cliff. But he can still control the offense.

Too much standing around in the halfcourt offense but hitting some shots tonight

Maxey and Harden don’t look like they like each other, but Maxey is 1000% better when Harden is out there. And he just had a few great plays.

Harden’s game has fallen off a cliff. But he can still control the offense.

Yeah, Harden is not an elite player, but the ball just ends up in open shooters’ hands a lot more often when he’s on the court, regardless of whether he picks up an assist.

Impressive defensive performance with Joel back.

Mark Jackson is a finalist for the Kings job and interviewed for the Lakers job.

Which retread coach should we make a finalist for our job?

Let's go with Mark Jackson. He was only fired from one team.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Second Round

The Mark Jackson problem is as soon as he was fired his team became the best team of all time

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Second Round

The Mark Jackson problem is as soon as he was fired his team became the best team of all time

And you can’t give him any credit for them getting there. Can’t even call him a developmental coach. They immediately became a dynasty with mostly the same roster.

When the Pelicans hired Stan Van Gundy, I said it was a bad fit because they needed a young coach. They got a young coach and look like a future contender. The Kings don’t have as much talent but they need a young coach. The Lakers need a veteran Lebron respects. Not sure who that is.

Last edited:
Back