• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

The concept of NBA stars being able to foul out of games is dumb. Just give someone a technical foul shot for every foul a guy commits over 5. But yeah that one against McGee was terrible. Then again CP3's try to draw the offensive foul by stopping infront of Brunson when you already have 4 was just HOF dumb.

Dallas making about half their threes on a night when Luka goes 1-10 is p nuts

I think officiating in postseason has generally been awful

There we’re many terrible calls in the game today. I’m not sure Paul’s other than maybe 6 were bad. He pulls crap off all the time that should be called. Foul 6 was weak

Dallas making about half their threes on a night when Luka goes 1-10 is p nuts

It’s hard to think it’s sustainable but they have shot well most of postseason. They get lots of uncontested 3s

I think if I am Suns I try to keep Luka and Brunson out of paint. Dallas offense goes from amazing to shit when they can’t/won’t drive to bucket

The concept of NBA stars being able to foul out of games is dumb. Just give someone a technical foul shot for every foul a guy commits over 5. But yeah that one against McGee was terrible. Then again CP3's try to draw the offensive foul by stopping infront of Brunson when you already have 4 was just HOF dumb.
I don’t watch a ton of games, I mostly watch playoffs, but I’ve never seen that Brunson action called as an offensive foul. I’ve always lumped that move in with the rip through, it’s lame but it’s a defensive foul most of the time.

4th foul was Monty’s fault for having him in there but even then it’s like 0.5sec left and that goes to half without a foul most of the time

6th foul could be called on every possession

Lame that Mavs fans messed with his family, cp should have them in a box

you’re right palma, apparently officials made it a point this season to stop players from doing the stop-in-front-of-recovering-player move

you’re right palma, apparently officials made it a point this season to stop players from doing the stop-in-front-of-recovering-player move

yeah, he did it so much for so many years I think he just did it out of habit

It's weird that Duncan Robinson is just straight up getting DNPs game after game while the Heat continue to brick from 3, many of which are pretty decent looks. I get Spo really loves his defense, but dang.

It's weird that Duncan Robinson is just straight up getting DNPs game after game while the Heat continue to brick from 3, many of which are pretty decent looks. I get Spo really loves his defense, but dang.

Especially how gm1 of the playoffs he went off for 30, then just immediately lost all his minutes

Watched enough of the Mavs-Suns game to see foul 4 and 5 against CP3. Both were bullshit. Figured they got orders from on high and went out to do yard work. But I have also tuned out of the NBA for a while and when I watch it now, it seems like the foul calls are more parsed than ever. Like, what used to be an obvious foul is now suddenly a foul on the opposite guy if such and such happened. NBA refs are seriously too retarded to deal with the older, simpler rules, and now you're going to make them think about more stuff? Good luck with that.

harden quietly leading the sixers in +/- in these playoffs. he may not be able to average 36 points a game these days but they are undeniably better with him on the floor. no doubt simmons would have given them more this postseason.

speaking of 36 ppg (2018-19, 32 consecutive 30+ games, didn't win mvp), it's always been sad to me that harden's greatness is underappreciated because so many people 'can't stand his game'

Watched enough of the Mavs-Suns game to see foul 4 and 5 against CP3. Both were bullshit. Figured they got orders from on high and went out to do yard work. But I have also tuned out of the NBA for a while and when I watch it now, it seems like the foul calls are more parsed than ever. Like, what used to be an obvious foul is now suddenly a foul on the opposite guy if such and such happened. NBA refs are seriously too retarded to deal with the older, simpler rules, and now you're going to make them think about more stuff? Good luck with that.

Part of that is the league cracking down on players using non-basketball moves to bait the refs into calling fouls.

also danny green picked a really great time to do that thing where he suddenly isn't a complete bum for back to back games

Back