• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

It's weird that Duncan Robinson is just straight up getting DNPs game after game while the Heat continue to brick from 3, many of which are pretty decent looks. I get Spo really loves his defense, but dang.

It's like Spo is on the take as much as the refs. Miami got the #1 seed by playing White Heat for most of the season. Now they have limited it by doing straight Herro for Strus subs while Vincent, Oladipo, and Tucker clank from deep. And then he even waves the non-white flag by throwing in the Morris goon for a few minutes. It makes no sense. Especially with Philly flopping to the line, let Robinson flail on some "no room to land" threes to try to make up some garbage points that way.

Part of that is the league cracking down on players using non-basketball moves to bait the refs into calling fouls.

This. The sixth was bullshit, but rest were CP3 being called for things he does all of the time

I do however think the NBA has a major foul issue on its hands that they need to address in offseason. The league has trained both refs and players at this point to call a foul when someone falls or flails. It makes the game hard to watch. They need to curb that crap in the offseason

This. The sixth was bullshit, but rest were CP3 being called for things he does all of the time

I do however think the NBA has a major foul issue on its hands that they need to address in offseason. The league has trained both refs and players at this point to call a foul when someone falls or flails. It makes the game hard to watch. They need to curb that crap in the offseason

outside of the fifth (where he tried to draw a foul from brunson -- stupid play as plama mentioned), which of the other four would also fall into that category (i didn't see the beginning of the game).

on your other point, i agree with the sentiment but don't think it's possible for refs to make those calls in real time. nba refs are not awful (they are probably the best in the world at what they do, certainly better than college) -- refereeing nba games is just insanely tough.

the only solution i can think of is a lot of post-game judication with harsh punishments for flops that result in fines and add up to suspension. easiest might just be to assess retroactive technical fouls, but has to be severe enough to change behavior in real-time.

They need to raise the rim to 11 feet. That will make getting to the rim less of an objective, which will clean up a lot of rough play underneath. It will also mean longer rebounds, so they should make the lane and the court bigger, and maybe go to 6 v 6 with that extra space.

#TheBiffTannenRules

I would say #4 was the same. Paul had 3 fouls in final 5 secs of the first half. He shouldn’t have been on the floor, much less fight Luka for a rebound. Luka acted a bit, and when Paul asked him at the FT line if he actually pushed him hard, Luka said “No. I learned that shit from you”

Jokic is your 2021-22 MVP.

An incredible season, well deserved. Hope it means Joel goes HAM the rest of the playoffs and wins Finals MVP.

these playoffs have taken up an incredible share of my life the past 3 weeks. I'm ready to go down to 1 game per night next round.

Robert Williams out tonight.

when I think about the Culture I think about Best Buy, sure.

Back