• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Celtics vs. Warriors for the Championship

D14 was in denial but this has been the rumor for awhile. I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded Capela and JC and acquired a big wing (seeing lots of Jeremi Grant talk) and ball handler playmaker and some picks.

They can go with Okungwu in the post. I saw an interesting stat that Trae’s net rating paired with Okungwu and Wright were higher than anybody else on the roster by a good margin.

Just checked.

Trae and Okungwu were +7.6 in 42 games, 424 minutes

Trae and Wright were +6.6 in 50 games, 401 minutes

Trae and JC were +1.9 in 50 games, 1367 minutes

Trae and Capela were +2.9 in 70 games, 1766 minutes

Last edited:
Atkinson to Hornets is an elite hire

I guess the knock on him is that he's a dick, but I always thought his Nets teams overachieved and I wanted him instead of Donavan

he's one of the few "development" coaches who actually develops guys

should be fun!

Yeah. His Nets teams were solid.

Countdown until 2&2 rumors that Steph is coming home to Charlotte with Atkinson.

This is still a meh lateral hire for me. We just fired a developmental coach who actually developed guys, and who just won more games in a season than Atkinson ever did while in a much more loaded East. I guess Atkinson develops them more defensively and Borrego developed them offensively, but okay. I don't give Atkinson any more credit for Kerr/Steph/Clay/Draymond than I did Borrego for Pop/Duncan/Parker/Manu.

Borrego may have hit a ceiling but I'm not sure Atkinson's ceiling is any higher of a roof. Plus, Kyrie and Durant clearly hated him, which worries me about losing LaMelo and Bridges who both seemed to love Borrego.

Hopefully we draft Mark Williams and Atkinson turns him into Jarret Allen, but without something like that happening I think we're just treading water until LaMelo bails.

Lest we forget, Borrego turned LaMelo from a suspect draft pick who "couldn't shoot" and had never really ever been coached into a 19 year old ROY, 20 year old All-Star, and one of the faces of the NBA. Obviously a lot of that is on LaMelo's talent, but to ignore Borrego's role in that while slurping Atkinson's role in developing Spencer Dinwiddie is stupid. Especially when combined with his development of Bridges into a borderline All-Star and the Martwins, McDaniels, Devonte Graham, etc. into serviceable NBA players.

Lest we forget, Borrego turned LaMelo from a suspect draft pick who "couldn't shoot" and had never really ever been coached into a 19 year old ROY, 20 year old All-Star, and one of the faces of the NBA. Obviously a lot of that is on LaMelo's talent, but to ignore Borrego's role in that while slurping Atkinson's role in developing Spencer Dinwiddie is stupid. Especially when combined with his development of Bridges into a borderline All-Star and the Martwins, McDaniels, Devonte Graham, etc. into serviceable NBA players.

how'd the hornets do last year?

Montrezl Harrell busted in Kentucky with three pounds of shrink wrapped marijuana in his 2020 Honda Pilot. Pulled over for following too closely. Car smelled like pot.

Montrezl Harrell busted in Kentucky with three pounds of shrink wrapped marijuana in his 2020 Honda Pilot. Pulled over for following too closely. Car smelled like pot.

Ballers gonna ball.

Some idiot DA is gonna love trying to bust him for dealing rather than a rich nba dude that gives his friends pot.

Ballers gonna ball.

Some idiot DA is gonna love trying to bust him for dealing rather than a rich nba dude that gives his friends pot.

Already charged with trafficking, horrible state to get pulled with 3 lbs. Pulled for "Following to close" is sus.

Last edited:
Derrick White more of a defensive liability than I realized.

Which means he and Pritchard, same deal, need to score to be effective. Combined 0-8 or whatever is not going to cut it.

Just want to confirm everyone is putting their $100 into the playoff scoring pool. I'll pm my Venmo.

i know his name gets mentioned a fair bit, but i am genuinely curious why atkinson's rep is so strong. don't know much about him. cursory look does make it seem like teams where he's an assistant seem to do pretty well.

Yeah I mean the Nets had traded every draft pick for the next decade for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, and he was part of them coming out of it

So Jason Tatum kind of sucks in the big moments. 2 missed free throws and an air ball three in absolutely crucial 4th quarter Possessions. And his plus minus has been absolutely horrific in two losses in the finals.

Back